X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Pod Connector On Astra VXR

right i got a ipod connector in my astra vxr

was just wanting to know what is the best quailty adapter out on the market that connects to my ipod nano to filter the songs out to be the speakers ??

anything good on ebay??
    Arden Racing Edition

TBH Mate anything with a gold plated connector will be fine. It aint gunna make THAT much of a difference

Comment

any links fella?? if possible to point me in the right direction
      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

I got a Belkin lead £10 in comet/currys, does the job just fine.

But if you want top quality it should be gold plated, but then its not going to make a big difference as its still feeding into a standard headunit and speakers.

Comment

any links fella ?? so you can show me what iam looking for>?
          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

do you want a 3.5mm jack lead (f/f)????

or are you after a proper ipod interface lead???
            Whats next?!?!?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPod-Car-Stereo-Dock-Connector-to-Aux-3-5mm-Audio-Cable_W0QQitemZ270302092538QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_A udioVideoElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCarKit s?hash=item270302092538&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkp arms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I got one like this - better than a jack 2 jack connector supposedly, works spot on

Astra

Comment

i just want the proper job that does what it says on the tin!!! just like the advert
                Arden Racing Edition

Comment

a jack to jack will do that, but depending on what system you got depends on whether you can optimise sound quality
                  Whats next?!?!?

Comment

i just got a CD30 MP3 black piano dash etc one nothing over the top fella i got the jack ready in car just need a good connector to go into my ipod nano that does the job!!
                    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                      i just got a CD30 MP3 black piano dash etc one nothing over the top fella i got the jack ready in car just need a good connector to go into my ipod nano that does the job!!
                      right, you will find that no lead will make a significant difference to the standard set-up.

You've just gotta decide if you want a normal jack to jack or jack to ipod connector, both will do the same job, and no difference, so its up to you mate. The jack to jack will be slightly cheaper id imagine, but neither are expensive.

Upgrade the standard speaker set-up, and you notice the difference, i play all my music through my mp3 now and its bloody amazing!!!
                      Whats next?!?!?

Comment

how do you upgrade the standard set up fella?? i tweaked the pitch off volume etc bass and treble and its much better !!

i play all my music on cd with mp3 files on the cd itself at moment!! and iam quite happy!!
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

well ive uprgraded cabling and front and rear speakers, and added a sub; all running of amps. Yea it cost a few quid, but by god its worth it in my opinion. The sound is so much crisper and a lot more defined.

The standard speakers really are rubbish, and if you ever look at one, the cones look theyre made of paper. Even if its just to uprgrade the front speakers and leave them running of the standard headunit, it does improve a considerable amount.

or if you get an aftermarket headunit with aux in, they usually sound better than the standard one.
                          Whats next?!?!?

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm thanks for that fella something for the future anyhow so what wire would you recommend any particular??
                            Arden Racing Edition

Comment

i use jack to jack its ok but its not as loud as a cd or radio.the one bad thing is u have 2 change the song on the ipod would b better if it worked though the hand controls

Comment

Working...
                              X