X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS Fast Road Setup

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t..._Chassis.shtml

Has anyone done this? What does it actually comprise of? Is it worth doing for £150?

According to the above website:

The standard geometry from Vauxhall is designed to be a compromise between safe handling and excitement and as with all manufacturers it veers to near to the safe side at the expense of excitement. We all want a safe handling car and we don’t compromise in this regard but there are certain adjustments we can make to the vehicles geometry that have an immediate and noticeable effect on how the car handles. By upgrading the geometry to our Fast Road settings understeer is noticeably reduced and the car is sharper to turn into bends (especially roundabouts), the car feels nimbler and more responsive. All the adjustments are carried out on our state of the art four wheel alignment rig on a customised flat floor lift, its the same set up we use to set up the race cars so you know its perfect. The process takes about two hours.

Fast Road Setup
    Prices Start From:
    £150

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Ive just been reading that for the corsa VXR.... I'd like to know to!
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
    sigpic

Comment

I like what they say it does I just want to know how they do it with just adjustments... or more to the point what is adjusted? lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

i've got a fast road setup on mine (not from tms,but from ABP motorsprt) which they use on subarus and honda civics etc and i'd have to say its well worth the money.the handling and grip is much better than stock.
        ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
        version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
        version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
        coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

what do they do exactly??? and what do you say to insurance
          Whats next?!?!?

Comment

When I got my tracking done the other day the front wheels were both -1 camber which I thought was supposed to be spot on. The back wasn't though, can thorney adjust it being torsion beam rear suspension?
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

nothing.its just wheel alignment.

as it says,vauxhall have there settings,but by altering the settings (camber, caster and toe) to different values which are more specific for faster driving,rather than just being a "general" setting,you can really improve the handling.
              ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
              version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
              version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
              coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
                nothing.its just wheel alignment.

as it says,vauxhall have there settings,but by altering the settings (camber, caster and toe) to different values which are more specific for faster driving,rather than just being a "general" setting,you can really improve the handling.
                Thanks for the info learning alot off this site.

EDIT: Just to add does anyone know if the rear suspension can be adjusted??
                Last edited by Drunken Master; 26 November 2008, 08:56 PM.
                I see dumb people.......
                .....they're everywhere
                .....they walk around like everyone else
                .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
                  i've got a fast road setup on mine (not from tms,but from ABP motorsprt) which they use on subarus and honda civics etc and i'd have to say its well worth the money.the handling and grip is much better than stock.
                  I looked at them when I was going to buy a civic before my vxr. They put on camber adjusters iirc? And then obviously set it all up.

Comment

Does it make much difference to grip?

Clique #14

Comment

camber is huge part of proper grip on the road, but it had an adverse effect on tyre wear
                      Whats next?!?!?

Comment

So really you need a compromise then lol

Clique #14

Comment

the grip you gain would fair outway the negative side of tyre wear. But due to different rolling resistance, your fuel usage will be slightly higher, the same as running on low tyre pressures.
                          Whats next?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                            the grip you gain would fair outway the negative side of tyre wear. But due to different rolling resistance, your fuel usage will be slightly higher, the same as running on low tyre pressures.
                            Whilst in all things it is an issue of compromise there is certainly no effect on fuel economy (certainly not enough to measure). But yes, potentially more tyre wear is possible but you can effect that just by making sure your tyres are the correct pressure.

In terms of what it does, yes, we essentially change the handling to offer less understeer, more grip and sharper steering response, quite big differences can be made depending on chassis.

Comment

I was just about to start a thread with the same question because im looking at getting it done in the new year at tms with possibly the rarb aswell.

If i go to stage 3 next summer would this set up be ok? or would i better off just saving for some kw variants?
                              sigpic
                              TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X