This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxium BHP??

Well after spending the day at Courtenay's having my car serviced then dyno'd there was a problem with the car, it was running extremely rich and it hit 277bhp After they had to remap the ecu and start again and managed to hit 285bhp

Now looking at what some of you guys are running we are almost the same yet some of your cars are hitting near 300 thats a massive difference?

I would like to know what the higher bhp players are running ie mods ect just to help me out, i asked the guys there and they said 300 is not good for the turbo??

Also now the car has been remapped when not in sports mode if you boot it in 4th it picks up ok at 2500 but once it hits 4000 it reals lifeless like the there is no more boosted you can really real the car strugeling?? but press sports and it turns to an animal is this right?? Before the remap it pulled well in all gears at any rpm (without sportmode pressed)

Can anyone help??

so you are stage 3 with courts?
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

What stage is yours? 2 or 3? stage 2 = 280ish stage 3 = 300 ish...
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

looking @ your sepc you have the correct spec most hitting around S2/S3
        full exhaust/remap = S2
        above + intercooler = S3
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

ah stage 3 i see.....
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Daz stage 3

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23374
            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yeah it has S3, it has full remus regal inlet cam uprated software fmic why am i not up at 290 300?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                yeah it has S3, it has full remus regal inlet cam uprated software fmic why am i not up at 290 300?
                so you went to your tuner but they said 285 for S3 is ok? and 300bhp is no good for the turbo? i guess its not the figures its how it drives is it ok in sports mode (no flat spots etc)
                just not that good in normal mode i would just take it back to your tuner mate if you are not happy but im sure there are other on her with the s3 from courtenay eg vxrcourt3, streamline, speak to them exchange some info
                Last edited by vxr bad boy; 26 November 2008, 09:26 PM.
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

the thing is the graphs show the car to be running ok but you can feel the flat spots when not in sport mode big time. i just took my missus out and without me saying a word she noticed it

Comment

the thing is the graphs show the car to be running ok but you can feel the flat spots when not in sport mode big time. i just took my missus out and without me saying a word she noticed it
                    i's definitely take your car back to them if you are not happy esp if it doesn't feel right you should not have flat spots really regardless of sport/non sport mode once remapped
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

The bhp figures dont really matter but it doesn't feel right, the 3hr drive home i was thinking this just dont feel right. And but your foot down in 4th once it gets to 4000rpm then it feels gutless, switch on Sm and it feels better but its not right,

Comment

mate you need to bu the ipf thing and try a few maps i think you have an old one cause ive put the 315ps map on and my god it flys its insane
                        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

The bhp figures dont really matter but it doesn't feel right, the 3hr drive home i was thinking this just dont feel right. And but your foot down in 4th once it gets to 4000rpm then it feels gutless, switch on Sm and it feels better but its not right,
                          best advice get it back to your tuner if you are not happy
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                            mate you need to bu the ipf thing and try a few maps i think you have an old one cause ive put the 315ps map on and my god it flys its insane
                            The map was done at courtenay's today they did the remap when the exhaust was fitted but since then the cams have been fitted which is why it was running rich, so they had to re write the software today.

I'll call them tomo see what they say bit of a pain its a 6hr round trip

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                              best advice get it back to your tuner if you are not happy
                              As above ....if you aint happy take it back and explain whats wrong.....they are nice guys so should sort you right out
                              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Working...
                              X