X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Light Fog/Mist/Condensation

Hi All

I think this may have been spoken about before??

Have any of you had the dreaded misty/foggy/condensation build up in the rear lights of your Astra sport hatch?, very annoying as they do not want to clear at all in mine and if it does it only reappears straight away , so I have decided to book mine in to have both rear light lenses replaced on Friday 16/2/07 at my local VX dealer under warranty , I do believe this a common fault with the Astra.
    Hopefully this will improve when the new ones are fitted that is what the warranty is there for :wink:
    Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

There have been countless posts about this and it is a matter that has no solution. You can be lucky but it will most likely sometime happen. Now both mine are constantly misty on top. I will let them check this out when I get my first service at 7.500km.
    sigpic

Comment

funnily enough my used to be terrible but for the last month or so they have been dry :? but now ive said that they will probably need windscreen wipers fitted again
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I think the weather is a factor. Because with my car, I don't have a garage and the mist always freezes during the night so it has little hope to dissappear. Hopefully it won't be a factor in the summer.
        sigpic

Comment

mines done it from day one , i dont think there is a solution :?

just make sure you get them to check over car 4 damage with you b4 you leave it :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
            mines done it from day one , i dont think there is a solution :?

just make sure you get them to check over car 4 damage with you b4 you leave it :wink:
            This would be my worry !!! that the silly sods would do more damage than good !!!

My VXR lives outside & my 2 rears mist all the time, also my fronts which have AFL both have areas on the bottom that mist regularly. I do not feel this is any fault that can be rectified however. Roll on summer !!!

Comment

My car is going in this Sat for replacement spark plugs and they are going to inspect the rear light clusters for condensation..........going to be interesting to see what they say. :?

Comment

I've been up to my VX dealer a few times about it.. they said they will replace but the replacments do just the same and maybe worse.

It's just a VXR quirk

Comment

Mine are misting with water droplets across the top of the lenses and they are wet / misting nearly all the way across from left to right , so I think it will be worth getting them replaced as it will not cost me a thing as it is under warranty, anything is better than they are now . I know they will be improved in the summer months what with the weather being warmer, but at the moment they do seem to be very bad , so will have to see what happens after Friday 16/2/06.
                  I will post up any improvements/info with further messages :wink:
                  Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

yeah yours does sound a lot more major compared to mine so will be worth the change.

keep us posted

Comment

Mine do it to but not as bad as that!!

If they get worse then I will get them changed but not too bad at the moment, roll on summer (apart from the performance issues it brings :wink: ).

Comment

Apparently Vx have released some rubber seals for the lights to try and rectify the problem.
                        Nova 1.6 16v TB's DTA 1/4mile 14.8s

Comment

Originally posted by Phazer
                          Apparently Vx have released some rubber seals for the lights to try and rectify the problem.
                          How can we get confirmation of this ??? Dealers know **** about anything !!!

Also these seals, are they to be used in conjunction with existing misty lights or new total units ???

:? :? :?

Comment

Where's dougie when you need him??

If it is happening I'm sure we will soon here on here... its like the VX grapevine!!

Comment

Ive spoken to Vauxhall regarding this issue and they advised me that they are aware that this is a common fault and will be doing a possible recall on all Vauxhall models late April / May.

Pretty crap really but I guess thats car manufacturers for you lol

Comment

Working...
                              X