This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road tax 2010

Anyone seen the proposed changes to road tax for 2009/10?

For VXR up £5 to £215 in 2009

2010 £550.00!!!!

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?deriv=31048

Someone tell me i have this wrong please!!!

Sure thats only when you first buy a new car for the first years raod tax ??
    sigpic

Comment

I hope so. No way i'm paying £550. Especially with the state of the roads!!

Comment

it's £245 from 2010

Comment

Thought i might have read that wrong. so the £550 is for the first year when you buy a car in that band from 2010 then.

Comment

Yeah just another sensless tax from the powers that be

Comment

Originally posted by simon2881 View Post
              Yeah just another sensless tax from the powers that be
              senseless tax from a blind government (i.e. they don't see anything except spend spend spend and let future taxes rip loose)
              sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

will that not just completely put people off buying new cars?

Comment

And hopefully after 2010 Mr Brown and Mr Darling will be gone and we will have sensible car tax after that.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
                    will that not just completely put people off buying new cars?
                    The charge is only on big cars, but its to try make you go out and by a 1.0 micra instead as it has low tax and no penalty tax when you first buy it!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by xshexisusannex View Post
                      Sure thats only when you first buy a new car for the first years raod tax ??
                      Correct it's what they call "Showroom tax"

Astra

Comment

and the Victorian "Rich - Poor divide" starts again

The rich can destroy the Ozone but we're not aloud......how unfair is that

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                          Correct it's what they call "Showroom tax"
                          Does this apply only if its brand new or does it include second hand as well??

Comment

thought it was to go to £300 from april 2009 but it`s thats now changed to £215 i`m happy with that , as for the other tax it`s on new cars from showroom but i think dealers will allow for that when you px your old car , wouldn`t worry to much about it yet as things could change before 2100

Comment

Thats a fact. I just think it's a major rip off!! Ba$tard$!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X