This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a vaux garage fit a cam?

dya think its ok for my local vaux to fit my cam for me? i mean they shud be able to do it fine surely
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
    dya think its ok for my local vaux to fit my cam for me? i mean they shud be able to do it fine surely
    They prob wont fit it because they dont supply the part n all that, But they should be able to do it just depends if they will mate,

You get intercooler on then?? regal tell you anymore about what maps to use and stuff??
    sigpic
    Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
    And now have an
    Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
    Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

am bein naughty am runnin the 315ps map and its ace gettin the rest on v v soon tho

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
        am bein naughty am runnin the 315ps map and its ace gettin the rest on v v soon tho
        Haha u bad, Ave still got the no cat one on mine becuase am nightshift and not had a chance to go to the misses house to change it as ma laptop is vista.
        sigpic
        And now have an
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

ye not too bad in this cold weather and your gentle not ragging the hell out of it, but you dont need to its immense its so progressive and smooth you hit 100 in seconds pulls like a train much better than the 285 ps map

Comment

Cool might try it for few hours on mine because am defo going to get the cooler in the summer, am going to put the 70mm map on tho see what the diff is to the one am running the now, only about 5 bhp so unless map is totally different shouldnt be much in it.
            sigpic
            And now have an

Comment

Comment

What price should i be looking for for fitting? how many hours so i dont get fobbed off

Comment

Depends how long it takes to time it up, dont know how easy it is to slacken the cambelts on the vxr. Maybe 2 hours ish
                  Whats next?!?!?

Comment

I would be very tempted to go to a tuner who is well used to fitting hot cams.
                    sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
                    for all your tuning needs.....
                    01692 404313.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenandalex View Post
                      I would be very tempted to go to a tuner who is well used to fitting hot cams.
                      I agree Vauxhall will not fit it as it is not a vauxhall part and as far as they are concerned they dont know anything about what its profile etc is.
                      go to Regal who sell the things and get it done right with the map adjustment that they have developed. Otherwise you will not get the car running correctly.
                      Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

Personally I struggle to feel comfortable letting vauxhall change the oil on mine, let alone anything mechanical.

However, I've got no choice being as it needs a new gearbox under warranty!!
                        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Any mechanic could fit it, but as said I doubt vauxhall dealership would do it However I'd be sure that you have the correct map on once it's fitted otherwise the car could run lean due to increase in inlet opening at high RPM.

Comment

i have the map on the ipf so no worries running it just thought it would be less travelling

Comment

I want a Cam inlet from Regal but im CS stage 3 so The map wont like it and will make problems

Come on Courts launch stage 4 catch up
                              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Working...
                              X