Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with gauges???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help with gauges???

    I would like to know how you fit a boost gauge and a temp gauge to an astra vxr??

    1. how do you get the vac pipe through to the engine bay ?
    2. how do you connect the lights so they come on with the light switch ?
    3. were do you connect the vac pipe to ?
    4. how do you fit the temp gauge ? and what to ?

    Any addvice would be a help guys ? cheers !

  • #2
    Originally posted by danny plumpton View Post
    I would like to know how you fit a boost gauge and a temp gauge to an astra vxr??

    1. how do you get the vac pipe through to the engine bay ?
    2. how do you connect the lights so they come on with the light switch ?
    3. were do you connect the vac pipe to ?
    4. how do you fit the temp gauge ? and what to ?

    Any addvice would be a help guys ? cheers !
    sorry mate if you already know that - temp you can see on hidden functions on BC
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by brano_co View Post
      sorry mate if you already know that - temp you can see on hidden functions on BC
      Where where where??????????

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
        Where where where??????????
        it is working for Astra and also for Corsa - with running engine or ingnition on just press "SETTINGS" till you don heart beep - than just press BC few times - on BC display you than will see lots of info - as also temp

        thats pics from me corsa:

        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

        Comment


        • #5
          Will try that out shortly, cheers buddy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
            Will try that out shortly, cheers buddy
            no problemo amigo
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
              Will try that out shortly, cheers buddy
              Not sure if it matters on the corsa, but when on the astra the radio has to be on. Also when you press settings you have to have system on the screen not audio and then hold it in.

              Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

              Clique #14

              Comment


              • #8
                Get a 3 guage coversion so you have an oil and water temp gauges along with a boost guage sat where the center console vents are. Daz (vxrcourt3) has done mine and a frew others on here and they look like they came factory fitted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                  Get a 3 guage coversion so you have an oil and water temp gauges along with a boost guage sat where the center console vents are. Daz (vxrcourt3) has done mine and a frew others on here and they look like they came factory fitted.
                  yeah think that i saw those pics - great job ! looks awesome !!!
                  MB E63s AMG
                  MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                  Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                  Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Heres mine on the following thread:

                    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27627

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                      sorry mate if you already know that - temp you can see on hidden functions on BC
                      The problem with this reading is that it only shows the coolant temp. The one that is important is the oil temp and you can't see this anywhere on the BC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i dont have the standard radio in anymore! also i need to know how i can get the vac pipe in to the engine bay from inside the car?? and were do you wire the lights to of the gauges so it comes on with the head light switch ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Boost gause is easy so Install
                          connect a T piece to the fuel reg but I dont know how with the Lights sorry

                          boost is like a Dump valve on installing
                          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            how do i get the vac pipe through to the engine bay,,, is there a hole some were ? behind the glove box or something ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              behind the glovebox is a grommet where the main loom runs, i would imagine this is the easist place to feed through, but i dont know if daz uses this point.
                              Whats next?!?!?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X