X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre speed rating

Hi guys,
    I have an astra sxi 1.6 not quite a vxr...!!

Just a question, am going to get my tyres changed over tomorrow, i was speaking to someone from kwikfit, he said the speed rating on the tyre is important, so you must have the same speed rating as your previous tyres, is this correct or can I have other speed ratings?

Cheers,
    Neil

The rating of the tyre MUST exceed the maximum speed of the vehicle.

Comment

Look here :- Tyre Speed Ratings

Comment

Originally posted by nfj89 View Post
        Hi guys,
        I have an astra sxi 1.6 not quite a vxr...!!

Just a question, am going to get my tyres changed over tomorrow, i was speaking to someone from kwikfit, he said the speed rating on the tyre is important, so you must have the same speed rating as your previous tyres, is this correct or can I have other speed ratings?

Cheers,
        Neil
        LOL all depends how your car handles on just rims?

If the speed rating of a tyre is say 120, and your car is quite happy to do 130+ then you have yourself a big problem!

The garage should know this though and should have checked the speed rating before giving you a price?

Comment

ok cheers guys, so mine are h at the moment, I'm guessing anything above h would be ok?

Comment

ok cheers guys, so mine are h at the moment, I'm guessing anything above h would be ok?
            Should be fine if its a standard car, if you have anything done/planned though you should take this into consideration if its likely to effect the top speed.

Comment

whats your top speed mate ?

was looking - it is 223 kph - than V(240), Z(240+), W(270),Y(300) - i think H is not OK - to have speed index to 210 kph when is car making 223 kph mate

but think that W or Y will be to expensive V or Z, me choice for you...
              Last edited by Brano; 27 November 2008, 08:32 PM.
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Got a SXI - but in the end got "V" Pirelli's fitted, seem ok!

Comment

yes better to be safethan sorry
                  Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                  Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Working...
                  X