X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tyres almost 'gone' after 5,500 miles

Hi all,

Just took my VXR in for a warranty recall and as part of their 'safety' check they have advised that front near side is 3.32 and front off side is 2.33.

Now after 5,500 miles of average 'running', driven hard only really 2 - 3 times, this just sounds realy off! Any experience of issues with the stock tyres (18" wheels), as feel I should be writing to Vauxhall to complain - both rears are on 4.5ish!

Any views?

Cheers, Andrew

thats 240bhp through the front wheels for you, contis are quite soft as well, if your worried about it get an sxi

goodyears are supposed to be good
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

yes always do ha ha ha ha
      Im on my 2nd set at 12k miles and Need replacing soon
      When you stage 3 it goes even quicker
      Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
      Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
        yes always do ha ha ha ha
        Im on my 2nd set at 12k miles and Need replacing soon
        When you stage 3 it goes even quicker
        You got more money than you no what to do with it pmsl,

On your 3rd set after 12k nearly thats got to be a record quickest ave done a front set is 17K in my old vxr and a threw that about like a rag doll, would love going for a spin wa you must boot it non stop to hammer tyres that quick mate
        sigpic
        Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
        And now have an
        Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Better than having Quattro though and your clutch going instead!!!

Comment

I had 1 set last for 1 week
            I like doing alot off Burnouts shall we say ha ha ha
            yes im a hard driver

I know the Yoko's Are realllly good on miles also They are pretty hard but Costly
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Don't worry mate I'm on my 3rd set of fronts at 14k miles. Its normal if you drive it hard. And if you don't why ve a vxr?

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                Don't worry mate I'm on my 3rd set of fronts at 14k miles. Its normal if you drive it hard. And if you don't why ve a vxr?
                Hmmm a drive mine hard tho ask the people a kick about with from here. but a dont let the wheels spin up a use all the power tho. Why do my tyres last so long?? take it yous let the wheels spin up??

What tyres did you fit 2nd time round on your burg dtox??
                sigpic
                And now have an
                Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

I had 1 set last for 1 week
                  I like doing alot off Burnouts shall we say ha ha ha
                  yes im a hard driver

I know the Yoko's Are realllly good on miles also They are pretty hard but Costly
                  Cool that ezplains it then buddy, least your enjoyin your car thats all that matters
                  sigpic
                  And now have an

Comment

Originally posted by the_parkster View Post
                    Hi all,

Just took my VXR in for a warranty recall and as part of their 'safety' check they have advised that front near side is 3.32 and front off side is 2.33.

Now after 5,500 miles of average 'running', driven hard only really 2 - 3 times, this just sounds realy off! Any experience of issues with the stock tyres (18" wheels), as feel I should be writing to Vauxhall to complain - both rears are on 4.5ish!

Any views?

Cheers, Andrew
                    if it`s the conti`s that you got on they are a soft compound and do wear quickly , i got about same as you out of front then went for dunlop which did about 9000 ish before trading car in and they still had plenty of tread left

here`s a link to a good cheap site for tyres

http://www.blackcircles.com/home

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                      Hmmm a drive mine hard tho ask the people a kick about with from here. but a dont let the wheels spin up a use all the power tho. Why do my tyres last so long?? take it yous let the wheels spin up??

What tyres did you fit 2nd time round on your burg dtox??
                      I try not to spin the wheels as it obviously wastes power. I never spin in 1st off the line, but I do get carried away when seeing off the usual chavs in saxo's and get the wheels struggling for grip in 2nd and 3rd ! To be honest i don't know why i get such bad mileage out of them i'm not 1 of them that does burnouts on sainsburys car park.

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
                        You got more money than you no what to do with it pmsl,

On your 3rd set after 12k nearly thats got to be a record quickest ave done a front set is 17K in my old vxr and a threw that about like a rag doll, would love going for a spin wa you must boot it non stop to hammer tyres that quick mate
                        im on 25k nearly with my 7th set going on next week or so
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

problem with alot of Bhp on a FWD car

Comment

problem with alot of Bhp on a FWD car
                            Some people seem to get loads of miles from them though. I would hardly say I "thrash" mine and get 6500 miles from a set max.

Comment

dont 15.5k and not far of neading new shoes all round. Have replaced the fronts once before but it will be the first change for the rears.

Comment

Working...
                              X