This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrenty Vs 1st Service

i got 2 years left on the warrenty of my 57 plate astra vxr , is the warrenty and service connected in anyway at all!!!

got my 1st service soon in jan time want to go to my local garage rather than vaux bridgend as they treated my corsa c **** when it was in to have air mass sensor fitted and dont trust them as they also left my mates corsa c engine bay in hell of state, just wanting to know if i go to my local garage for the 1st service will it void my warrenty?!
    Arden Racing Edition

provding your service is done with genuine bits by a vat registered garage your warranty will be intact
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

getting the service [email protected] vx is more for keeping value wehn it comes to sell you get to say 'FVSH' plus if its done @ the dealers its on the system therefore if anyhting was to happen then they wouldnt say you havnt servcied the car etc and askfor proof
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

prob is iam going to let go into vaux garage full of monkeys that dont know sod all what there doing!!
        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

you dont need to go to a vaux garage to get your servcie done as mentioned but if you do decide to get it doen @ another garage make sure they are VAT registered an you keep proof of your service and parts in case

plus you could always take it to another dealer
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

As said by Bad Boy above^^ Block exemption means you are free to service anywhere (vat registered) as long as you used GM or OEM parts and they stick to the schedule of whats needed at what mileage etc

Astra

Comment

had my corsa c done by my local garage for years i will phone and ask them and i have had all geniune vaux parts from them!
              Arden Racing Edition

Comment

whats the best oil to put in a vxr??
                Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Best getting vx to do it as if there are any warrenty issues that you havent spotted you will find that the vx tech's will find it and you will get it done where as your local yokal wont know about these issues, like the vx techs will get updates to check for when cars come in.

Mobil 1 oil, go on the vxr part on the vx site it tells you there.

Comment

problem is mate my vauxhall garage are t*ats i seen them rag my car up the road well my old one
                    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

if i need any work doing i usually sit there and watch from the waiting room. any road tests i then go with them
                      BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

dont think theres no waiting area you can see your car in my vauxhall!!
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                          whats the best oil to put in a vxr??
                          look for a guy called oilman on the site he will sort you out with the best for your car and at a better price than vx charge also does the filters as well
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

oh and ps i took my car too a vx approved garage after the monkeys at the local vx garage decided to remap my car bACK TO STANDARD WITHOUT TELLING ME and then cost me a few hundred to get it back to normal yet they still denied all knowledge of doing it useless ******s
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                              problem is mate my vauxhall garage are t*ats i seen them rag my car up the road well my old one
                              Im sure that was just one of the techs, if theres more than one at the local garage then you'll be fine, just ask for the head boy to do the work. I dont think a service warrents a test drive really!?

Comment

Working...
                              X