This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What connector is this, Ipod maybe??

Been looking at hooking up my Ipod to my CD30mp3 headunit. Been reading through a few threads and seen that there might be a connector under my cup holder by the handbrake. Found this.....

It has 3 pins in the connector.....

If this for an Ipod connection?

Phoned Vauxhall earlier today and they said they do an Ipod cable, part number 93181053 but they dont have any in the country at the moment. Does this cable connect into the connector block under the cup holder and then straight into my Ipod?

Or if not, what should I buy instead??

Cheers guys

No thats not for the Ipod.

I believe that cable is for the Tech2 device.

Yolu should have a small hole on the top of the cup holer which you put a 3.5mm jack into and the other end into your Ipod. from the pic's i dont think you have a jack point for the Ipod

Comment

I have an Ipod jack but use an FM transmitter which sits in the cig lighter so it charges the Ipod which the Jack doesnt and its piano black to match the rest of the dash

Comment

Tech2 was hooked up in the usual place under the handbrake when I was at Vauxhall getting my cruise control sorted. Anyone else have this cable then?

Comment

could it be for a rear cigaretter lighter ??
          sigpic
          www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
          the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

if ur car is an early modal then it won't have one think they sarted puttin them in on 07 plates

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
              if ur car is an early modal then it won't have one think they sarted puttin them in on 07 plates
              Mine is a 07 plate

Comment

it's not the tech 2 connector, it may well be the connector for the ipod jack socket

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
                  could it be for a rear cigaretter lighter ??
                  ill say it again !!
                  sigpic
                  www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                  the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
                    ill say it again !!
                    Like I said does anyone else have this cable?? Someone must!!

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
                      it's not the tech 2 connector, it may well be the connector for the ipod jack socket
                      might of forgot to put on in lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                        I have an Ipod jack but use an FM transmitter which sits in the cig lighter so it charges the Ipod which the Jack doesnt and its piano black to match the rest of the dash
                        have you got pics of this fella?? and link to ipod jack?? and fm transimtter!!
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

At this rate rocky i'd do nothing but take pic's of my car for you rocky!

If you have the jack you will know it. Look at the top of the cup holer and near to the drivers seat side there will be a silver hole. Thats the jack point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                            If you have the jack you will know it. Look at the top of the cup holer and near to the drivers seat side there will be a silver hole. Thats the jack point.
                            There isn't, this is why Im asking what this cable of for

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
                              There isn't, this is why Im asking what this cable of for
                              Could be for the Ipod but i would have thought that they wouldnt have simply forgot to add it??? Are you sure you have the CD30 mp3 stereo and not just the CD30? Does it say CD30 mps on the stereo as it should.

Nip it to Vaux and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                              X