This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly exhaust question

Has anyone actually got the standard exhaust to pop and bang? or is it impossible?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Impossiable I believe BUT not too sure.
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

i believe it can if you fit a de-cat pipe.

Comment

Bugger !!!!!

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Yes it is possible & yes it it does

Comment

yes but question was standard ( which will mean with cat )
            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              yes but question was standard ( which will mean with cat )

I know mate, I did read the question

Comment

Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
                i believe it can if you fit a de-cat pipe.
                That's the key

Astra

Comment

sorry for the hijack, but is a pre decat pipe any good as i first mod? and does it cause any problems?

Comment

I read the question and think you mean the standard tailpipe? If so then yes if you buy a pre cat replacement pipe it will pop a bit. Mines does. Nothing like a Remus or non res milltek does though.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom88 View Post
                      sorry for the hijack, but is a pre decat pipe any good as i first mod? and does it cause any problems?

It is a great cheap mod and gives 8bhp. It will also allow the hot exhaust gases to escape quicker so is better for the car. The car will also pass the mot on emmisions without any problem, so you will not need to put the precat back on.

Check this out.
                      Courtenay Sport High Flow 70mm Front pipe

The Z20LEH engine is fitted with 2 cats - a pre-cat and a main cat. Our performance front pipe replaces the original restrictive pre-cat. This is only required to be fitted to the vehicle up until the point of 1st registration, as the main cat still ensures the vehicle will meet all MOT emission regulations. The new 70mm front pipe is made in stainless steel, and by smoothing the bend radius and removing the cat, we have dramatically improved the flow through the unit. Our front pipe also features both a stainless steel 3 bolt flange and stainless steel spun end. Our performance front pipe will give a typical increase of around 8 - 10 bhp.

Courtenay Sport 70mm Pre-Cat Pipe: £180
                      sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
                      for all your tuning needs.....
                      01692 404313.

Comment

Only thing to consider is will you end up buying the full system as usually it probably makes more sense to buy the whole system as one

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                          Has anyone actually got the standard exhaust to pop and bang? or is it impossible?

Yes....i believe Tom Chilton did at the VXR Trackdays once
                          sigpic
                          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Tom Chilton made car after standard car pop, at VXR trackdays. He made drive shaft after drive shaft snap as well. So I guess if you can pop your standard exhaust your going to need a new drive shaft !!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevenandalex View Post
                              It is a great cheap mod and gives 8bhp. It will also allow the hot exhaust gases to escape quicker so is better for the car. The car will also pass the mot on emmisions without any problem, so you will not need to put the precat back on.

Check this out.
                              Courtenay Sport High Flow 70mm Front pipe

The Z20LEH engine is fitted with 2 cats - a pre-cat and a main cat. Our performance front pipe replaces the original restrictive pre-cat. This is only required to be fitted to the vehicle up until the point of 1st registration, as the main cat still ensures the vehicle will meet all MOT emission regulations. The new 70mm front pipe is made in stainless steel, and by smoothing the bend radius and removing the cat, we have dramatically improved the flow through the unit. Our front pipe also features both a stainless steel 3 bolt flange and stainless steel spun end. Our performance front pipe will give a typical increase of around 8 - 10 bhp.

Courtenay Sport 70mm Pre-Cat Pipe: £180
                              will that fit straight on a standard size pipe (will it just bolt on!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X