Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tested the max bhp the oe turbo can take?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tested the max bhp the oe turbo can take?

anyone?
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

You mean, just keep uping the power till it breaks?

Comment

lol i definitely haven't tried that one, i quite like mine in good working order and with a warranty on it!!!!!

Comment

mines at just under 300 and fine.
        Some are 310
        Limit I would say is 320-330 then it goes BANGGGGGGGGGGG
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Sounds like your going to be the Test Pilot Darren
          sigpic
          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
            Sounds like your going to be the Test Pilot Darren
            NASA used a monkey too

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              mines at just under 300 and fine.
              Some are 310
              Limit I would say is 320-330 then it goes BANGGGGGGGGGGG
              I doubt that very much. Percy had a look at the turocharger characteristic maps for the standard KKK units, and 300 BHP is absolutely screaming the knackers off it, in terms of boost and RPM (upwards of 140000-150000 revs). Thats probably why cars make cars make decent figures when first mapped, but then that gradually tail off as the turbos are hammered!

Comment

I do allways like to add that no Astra VXR will make over 300BHP without having uprated fuel injection, the oe is physically not capable of pumping enough fuel to get over 300bhp.

Comment

where can uprated injectors be purchased from?

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR View Post
                    I do allways like to add that no Astra VXR will make over 300BHP without having uprated fuel injection, the oe is physically not capable of pumping enough fuel to get over 300bhp.

erm i think Percy is running over 300 bhp on standard fuel system.. he'll correct me if im wrong.
                    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

vxr-astra-boy is running 300 bhp on standard internals,injectors and turbo and car feels fine even when hammering it

Comment

percy isnt running standard fuel injection.... ok the injectors are the same, but he has an uprated fuel pump which he popped in himself. He did calculate that the fuel pump was the weakest link before the injectors
                        sigpic
                        Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
                        !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
                        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                          erm i think Percy is running over 300 bhp on standard fuel system.. he'll correct me if im wrong.
                          Originally posted by Madmonkee View Post
                          percy isnt running standard fuel injection.... ok the injectors are the same, but he has an uprated fuel pump which he popped in himself. He did calculate that the fuel pump was the weakest link before the injectors
                          He never got around to fitting the fuel pump, and with 330 BHP on tap, the fuelling is spot on, he has fitted an AFR gauge to keep an eye on it, and its always spot on.

Infact, on the first map, where the car made 365 BHP, the fuelling was spot on. It may well be beyond the specification of the pump, but it delivers.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR View Post

Mate i was running 324bhp with vxr injectors

Comment

I think the std turbo will make 300bhp but not for long
                              spec'd for 240bhp it will make more but its giving it a hard time ??
                              the truth is out there
                              part GSI part VXR
                              tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Working...
                              X