This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new turbo

well had car at the vx garage yesterday and while they where fixing a oil leak from the car they discovered that my turbo is leaking anyway to cut a long story short it's being replaced under warranty , spoke to mark at courts and he said when i get it done to change the oil from 5/30's to 10/30's apparantely this is a better oil for the car and stop's the problem with the turbo jon had same problem with his and not the first car to have it , so i suggest when you do an oil change go for the thicker oil ok , ps car still run's ok but hey let's get it better \/ \/
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

You'll end up with a new car shortly Chris! were they not bothered about your mods and remember to zero your clock when it goes in!!!

Comment

do they know about your mod????????????????
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Well if they cant see 1 great huge intercooler a full miltek then they shouldn't be a garage
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
          Well if they cant see 1 great huge intercooler a full miltek then they shouldn't be a garage

Comment

I'm due for my first service next month so i'm gonna upgrade the oil then.

Comment

how long u had your car mel? had my sevice before x-mas, got to 10.000 in just over 6 months.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR
                how long u had your car mel? had my sevice before x-mas, got to 10.000 in just over 6 months.. lol
                16,000 and got 7mths old. it will be around 17,500ish when it goes in next month poss more.

Comment

oh and that miles not km....

Comment

lol... thats a lot... thought i was running high....thought you had to service every year or 10,000, which ever comes first... and running stage 3 thought you would have to service more often..

Comment

worsy I was advised by Courtenay to use Amsoil 10/40 and that's what I've been using.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR
                        lol... thats a lot... thought i was running high....thought you had to service every year or 10,000, which ever comes first... and running stage 3 thought you would have to service more often..
                        No it's every 20,000 miles or year.

i have been changing the oil more reg tho.

Comment

I've got Amsoil 10/40 put in mine when it was at courts and have a replacement carton for when it next needs doing :wink:

Comment

Re: new turbo

Originally posted by worsy
                            well had car at the vx garage yesterday and while they where fixing a oil leak from the car they discovered that my turbo is leaking anyway to cut a long story short it's being replaced under warranty , spoke to mark at courts and he said when i get it done to change the oil from 5/30's to 10/30's apparantely this is a better oil for the car and stop's the problem with the turbo jon had same problem with his and not the first car to have it , so i suggest when you do an oil change go for the thicker oil ok , ps car still run's ok but hey let's get it better \/ \/
                            What boost pressure are you running mate?
                            sigpic

Comment

AlexFI I haven't got any more at the mo Changed oil at 2000 and have just clocked 2900 so I'll probably get it done again in another 1000 or so.

Found Courtenay to be very helpful when I asked their advice. Service was quick and friendly. Oil delivered in good time £34 + £8.47 p&p and I got a free window sticker :P

Comment

Working...
                              X