• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Lights

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_i...888b85b16e5870
    Are these the right bulbs (LED'S) to replace our sidelights
    sigpic

Can't see what you are looking at but unless you start messing around with resistors and stuff, they will work for a second and then go out.

I did a 'how to' on astra-VXR.com if you wanted to see how it was done.
    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

link should work now.
      sigpic

Comment

ive been looking for some nice LED side lights aswell to match my xenons, ive tried the pricey piaa ones they work fine only thing is they are far too blue for the vxr xenons, any ideas anyone?

i cant seem to find your 'how to' on astra-VXR.com either Gnasher

Comment

as gnasher said leds will not work unless linked up with resistors to trick the car to accept them. i have read the how to ages ago and looks like alot of work for getting bulbs to work but they do look good. i wouldnt mind the piaa bulbs if they blueish and you wanna sell them :wink:

Comment

the Piaa chrome mirror white side light bulbs not LED work great, very close match to the xenons

Comment

To be honest, it probably took me longer than normal as I was getting photo's and testing etc.

Seriously, you could do both sides in between 30 minutes and an hour if your only even slightly competent!

That said, I love the looks of the LED's I've got fitted, just need to get the dipped and main sorted now - they look so yellow!!
              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

i tried 2 or 3 differant led sidelamp bulbs , one had resistors built into it !!

non worked

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher
                  To be honest, it probably took me longer than normal as I was getting photo's and testing etc.

Seriously, you could do both sides in between 30 minutes and an hour if your only even slightly competent!

That said, I love the looks of the LED's I've got fitted, just need to get the dipped and main sorted now - they look so yellow!!
                  What did you use?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deedard
                    the Piaa chrome mirror white side light bulbs not LED work great, very close match to the xenons
                    You got the part number for them mate?

Cheers.

Comment

License Plate Light

I replaced the License Plate Bulbs last night with LED's and they work fine, are these not wired the same as the side lights?

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                        Originally posted by Gnasher

What did you use?
                        I used the 4 LED ones that are in Halfords - about £13 for a pair

The resistors are along the lines of 50p each from Maplin's

Comment

Working...
                        X