X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenon headlamp washers sticking out

Hi Everyone,

On the way to work this morning i thought i had run out of washer wiper fluid (not a good thing on the m56!) turns out they were frozen! Anway when i got to work i noticed the headlamp washers were sticking out and they wont go back in.

any advice anyone?
    Bastuck De-Cat pipe and Regal IPF for sale!

Originally posted by evo6 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

On the way to work this morning i thought i had run out of washer wiper fluid (not a good thing on the m56!) turns out they were frozen! Anway when i got to work i noticed the headlamp washers were sticking out and they wont go back in.

any advice anyone?
    There could be water still frozen inside the mechanism, or where the motors have tried to move the jets back inside may have caused the fuse to go?
    sigpic

Comment

mine did that last year in the frost, i poured some warm water over them and fired the washers again and they went back in

they look really funny sticking up all the time

Comment

Cheers for the replys, i'll try that when i get home Deano. I got it booked in for friday for recall anyway will let them have a look at it.

Comment

That should do the trick, i wanted mine back in asap incase anyone fancied snapping them off

i had mine back in not so long ago for a xeon going out and since then the headlight washers dont work.

Comment

Yeah i hope no one does! mine are half in half out i got a feeling though the fuse might be gona becuase my headlamps had ice all over them when i got to work! shocked they had ice on them consdering the lights were on. I hope they just start working lol

Comment

Dropped to minus 6C last night our vehicles washer fluid froze in both the S60's and Disco.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

do you have pics of these I ont seen them on the Headlight

Also can you retro Fit them
                Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Somebody on here did retro fit the xenon headlights but not the afl bit. Think there is a thread on it somewhere. You probably could retro fit the washers but id imagine it would involve a lot of work/cost so not much point
                  sigpic
                  TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

I thought By law if you have Xenon u need the washers
                    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

You do if you have them fitted from the factory not if you retro fit them after mate. sure i read that somewhere on here before

where abouts in cornwall you from?
                      sigpic
                      TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Hi all,

I went outside before and they have gone back in them self, i guess they were just frozen lol, was -4 this morning!. Dtox i can send you a pic when i get home

Comment

If you want to sort it for good put some High quality W/Wash in with alcohol additives to stop freezing.

OR reach up under front of car Nearside and pull plug of the Motor

Very easy to do Temporaily. Sorry no pics.
                          Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
                          X