This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd?

After much moaning to Vaux with regards to my flatspot in third, and ignored completely. I have now noticed that my idle is a little up n down?

More specifically, with the icy days we have had recently, I tend to sit in the car and wait for it to warm up with the blowers on the screen. To speed this process up a little, I will gently apply the throttle and take the car to around 2k rpm.
    I have a reasonably steady foot, but for the last few days, it will get to 2k fine then, without any foot movement at all, go up and down by about 200rpm. It does the same when just at idle <I wouldnt say by as many rpm's though, but you can see the needle moving up and down>.

Anyone think the two may be related? The third gear flatspot is pretty nasty I have to say. I really dont think its lag. From around 5k or so, change to fourth, full throttle and its almost like the TC has kicked in. The car really backs off.....

More to the point, if anyone has an idea as to what this is, any suggestions how I can make Vauxhall Wellingborough <York Ward and Rowlett> actually take notice of what I am saying, rather than palm me off by stating that there are no problems as there has been no fault logged!! Its somewhat frustrating.....

sounds weird that m8, like the sport button is activating or something? because when you press the sport button revs increase like that (throttle response). I say you take it back to Vauxhall and demand they sort it!
    Bastuck De-Cat pipe and Regal IPF for sale!

Comment

I just get the same response. Its just seems to always turn out to be a waste of petrol in the end.

Its almost like they are just not interested in trying to fault find at all. If the car hasnt registered a fault, then by their standards its perfectly fine and I am making it up <or so it seems to me>.

I would take it to Thorney as I think they can deal with lease cars, but its trying to find the right time. I have no time off left this year, so getting over there in the week is a real pain.

I would have a go at sorting it myself, but to be honest this has to be the most electronically based car I have ever driven So i would no doubt make it worse hehe....

Comment

I have this also on my Burg, really notice it in 3rd. This is actually my second Burg and both have been the same!

I just put it down to a charecteristic of the car now, but if you do find something wrong let us all know. I have noticed similar hesitiation on other Turbo non vauxhall cars I have owned when the boost comes in and hold for a second or two then boosts fully, usually in 2nd, 3r and sometimes 4th gears. I have always put it down to electronic gadgetry stopping it from boosting too much, maybe due to heatsoak on the intercooler and a sensor limiting the boost or something???

I know little about mechanics and care very little too, but some clever clogs will hopefully know if this is normal or not?

Comment

hi mate not sure if this will be the problem but a took ma car into get check for the revs going up and down it turned out the my throttle body is needing replaced it goes in this weekend to be fixed

Comment

I have a 55 plate model and with the standard car if you used 95 ron petrol you would get a flat spot just after 3k (or was it 3.5k) revs. This stops once you start using 97+ ron petrol.

Reason I add what plate my car is is that I don't know if the new models are running the same map...it could have been tweaked since but it was certainly a trait on the first ones out.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR View Post
              I have a 55 plate model and with the standard car if you used 95 ron petrol you would get a flat spot just after 3k (or was it 3.5k) revs. This stops once you start using 97+ ron petrol.

Reason I add what plate my car is is that I don't know if the new models are running the same map...it could have been tweaked since but it was certainly a trait on the first ones out.
              Hmm that could be a good point. I do mix and match sometimes.......What with fuel being expensive, and the VXR being a bit of an alcoholic
              I will chuck a full tank of 99 in it next fill up. See if it cures the flat spot...

Noticed this morning that I can hear a blowing sound from under the bonnet. Not sure if its exhaust? I did speak to Vaux with regards to the recall, but they said that my car wasnt affected?

Comment

Your best off running it on at least 97ron all the time mate if you can afford it. It says in the manual aswell that performance will be affected if less than 97ron fuel is used
                sigpic
                TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
                  Your best off running it on at least 97ron all the time mate if you can afford it. It says in the manual aswell that performance will be affected if less than 97ron fuel is used
                  Nah I know, has been an expensive few months recently. Twas more done as cost saver. I found on the type of route I take to work, running the car on 97/99 gave no better MPG as its a bit too start/stop to get a decent run.

So I started mixing and matching, which has saved me a few quid each month.

Comment

Originally posted by soundworks View Post
                    Hmm that could be a good point. I do mix and match sometimes.......What with fuel being expensive, and the VXR being a bit of an alcoholic
                    I will chuck a full tank of 99 in it next fill up. See if it cures the flat spot...
                    It may take two tanks fulls before you notice any difference though. The ECU has to learn the ron of the fuel.

Noticed this morning that I can hear a blowing sound from under the bonnet. Not sure if its exhaust? I did speak to Vaux with regards to the recall, but they said that my car wasnt affected?
                    If it's not the exhaust, it *could* be a cracked manifold...see if you can get a mechanic at your dealership to have a listen.

Comment

I just get the same response. Its just seems to always turn out to be a waste of petrol in the end.

Its almost like they are just not interested in trying to fault find at all. If the car hasnt registered a fault, then by their standards its perfectly fine and I am making it up <or so it seems to me>.

I would take it to Thorney as I think they can deal with lease cars, but its trying to find the right time. I have no time off left this year, so getting over there in the week is a real pain.

I would have a go at sorting it myself, but to be honest this has to be the most electronically based car I have ever driven So i would no doubt make it worse hehe....
                      can i suggest you take it too thorny in milton keynes? very good lads in there and sure daz or anyone up there would bend over backwards to help you sort it mate.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
                        Couldn't agree more. For the sake of an extra £3 per tank, better performance and peace of mind.
                        Burg #332 - 270 bhp - gone
                        Mazda 3 MPS - 490 bhp - gone
                        Audi S4 - MRC stage 2/490 bhp....so far

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                          can i suggest you take it too thorny in milton keynes? very good lads in there and sure daz or anyone up there would bend over backwards to help you sort it mate.
                          Honestly mate I would love too. They have a great reputation on here, and I know that the car would be looked at properly.

MK isnt too far from here, but I would need to book a day or half day off of work unless they are open on Sat?
                          I have run out of holiday this year, so a bit stuck with regards to trying to take it over.

Comment

Working...
                          X