This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Crashed my Lil Baby...

Well the first day of snow and I've had an accident! No one hurt, infact no one around, just me!!!

Going down a hill, started braking, wheels locked, started sliding towards a banking...

Car ended up going sideways into a concrete boulder!!!

Looked to be just damage to the skit, but having just recieved a call from Vauxhall its going to cost about £5k to fix!!!

woops, sorry to hear that. 5k though!

Comment

Oh no.... whoops. At least you are ok

Comment

S*** mate i'm real sorry to read this i suppose its no good saying that at least you didnt get hurt and that cars are fixable etc etc

Comment

Yeah I'm glad no one got hurt!

Yeah £5k, apparently, new door, new sill, new skirt, new alloys, new swing arm...

Comment

sorry to hear that mate hope you get it sorted.

have you got a pic ?

Comment

ps have a look on ebay mate

Comment

So sorry to hear about your accident, Buddy. The same thing has happened to me before, so I know exactly how you're feeling. Not good. Glad you're okay though. Hope you manage to get your li'l baby fixed real soon
                sigpic
                Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Suck ***** man! I'm just hoping the insurance company doesnt hold it up!

Think the worse thing about it is there was nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening! The car just wouldnt stop sliding!!!

Comment

Originally posted by t20lau View Post
                    Suck ***** man! I'm just hoping the insurance company doesnt hold it up!

Think the worse thing about it is there was nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening! The car just wouldnt stop sliding!!!
                    Yeah, it's such a horrid feeling when the car starts sliding, ..almost as if in slow motion, you just wait for that dreaded crunch. Don't see any reason for the insurance holding it up Bud, ..it happened because of the bad road conditions caused by the snow, ..nothing to sort out regarding who was at fault etc, ..if any other cars had been involved. Fingers X'd for you
                    sigpic
                    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Have had this happen to me....scares the ***** out of you...hope it get fixed soon mate
                      sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                      Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                      Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Lets hope I get some good news and get the car back before XMAS...

Hopefully things cant get any worse! Although, I'm in a 1.2 Corsa

Comment

Originally posted by t20lau View Post
                          Thanks for all the comments guys!

Lets hope I get some good news and get the car back before XMAS...

Hopefully things cant get any worse! Although, I'm in a 1.2 Corsa
                          Aw, I feel for you, Bud. I had to drive a 1.2 Corsa from the VX Dealer's, when my VXR was in having it's recall work done. It's years since I've driven anything with such a small engine and not even a swift tailwind made it go any faster!
                          sigpic

Comment

Mate look at ebay

doors and things going cheap on there

If not try scrap yards
                            Everything is on ebay uif your lucky maybe it will all be about 3000

this isnt yours is it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-VAUXHALL-...1%7C240%3A1318
                            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

ull be able to get it cheaper.. you not got any friends in bodywork?

Comment

Working...
                              X