This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor top end performance

My VXR feels really sluggish at top end - i.e in the higher gears. Its as though it just doesn't want to move. It feels quick in lower gears so wondering what it could be? I'm thinking MAF maybe?

I've tried it with Bluefin on and off and they're both the same. Feels as though its in limp mode almost?

might have just got used to the power, have you tried the data dump. disconnect the batt for half an hour. this will reset the ecu.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

dont think its that i've got used to the power - its a definite somethings not right.

I would have thought remapping/unmapping with Bluefin would clear the learnt values?

Comment

strange.

Try percys top hat conversion that is ment to help
        Otherwise try a good old service.
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

it is very strange - only just been serviced...

Will try to log the MAF values to see if they are lower than expected...

Comment

occasionally lifting off and reapplying throttle seems to bring it to life again?

Comment

I find that
              It feels dead then I lift off and re apply then I feel TURBO
              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

same here but on a corsa play around with the throttle abit and then give it some it seems to go much better

Comment

Just a thought, do you think it might be something to do with the fuel octane. What are you using?

Comment

how bout ur plugs mate when did u last changed them

Comment

If you find the turbo is suddenly on with throttle adjustment it may be something to do with your map. Did the service reset the ECU and maybe inadvertently place on the stock map? If this has happened are you sure that your bluefin is uploading correctly.

I also find top end performance around 120 is pretty slow but I am used to it now, I dont struggle to keep up with anything else so must be an illusion.

Comment

Are you getting any strange noises when you lift off the throttle? ie - the infamous 'Turkey Noise' ?
                        sigpic
                        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Cheers for the replies...

Always use Tesco 99 or Optimax. Could be plugs - put a pair of Iridiums in about 15k ago?

Daz - I think I have heard the turkey noise - is a flat top end a symptom? I've for an uprated diverter valve waiting to go on

Comment

Originally posted by spikey View Post
                            Cheers for the replies...

Always use Tesco 99 or Optimax. Could be plugs - put a pair of Iridiums in about 15k ago?

Daz - I think I have heard the turkey noise - is a flat top end a symptom? I've for an uprated diverter valve waiting to go on

You may have a vacum pipe off which depending on which one can cause flat spots
                            sigpic
                            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Thanks Daz - I'll take a look

Comment

Working...
                              X