This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential vxr owner Queries?

Just about to sell my late 03 sti type uk running 320bhp.

Just wanting something a bit defferent really that seems to run a bit better than 16mpg.

Seen a few vxr's so really need to have a test drive but,

however my question is,

will prob be buying in july or august, ideally i would like to get a year old arden blue vxr with the 19" alloys and under 10k miles for £15k. Does this sound acceptable?? Any particular issues that i need to be looking out for????

Definately want a completely mint and standard car

You should find the VXR real fun to drive, we've got a few people here that have come across from scoobs to it and they love the car :wink:

Price wise most under 10K miles appear to be going for about 15-16K, just shop around.

No major issues to be aware of, some warranty replacements on select builds but that's it.

Let us know how you get on, and if you have any other questions. Most people manage to get 20-30mpg dependant on driving style, personally average around 28-29mpg and that's running a S3 with near 295bhp. :wink:

Comment

yes sounds good to me. i am sure i will be back in touch once i have made my purchase.

There seems to be plenty of arden blue models around with 19"s on them so hopefully i should get a good deal on one. There is one for sale in the for sale section but it is just a little bit early at the moment.

thanks.

i will keep checking back to see who has replied to me thread, hopefully i won't get any of the terrible comments like i use to get on scoobynet. That place is definately going downhill!!

Comment

i went to local vauxhall stealers to have a good nose around the arden blue vxr with 19's that they had in the showroom. To be honest i was pleasently surprised as the build quality definately seems to have gone up for vauxhall!

Comment

I had a 53 plate Subaru STI UK PPP runing around 340bhp.

To be honest they are starting to become far too common and look a bit long in the tooth! p.s 11mpg did used to get me down also.

Swapped over to a new Astra VXR in blue with 19's in Nov 06.

You will miss the shear grip, acceleration and noise of the scooby but after a while you will start to love the VXR.

The more you drive it, the better it seems to get.

Just want a bit more power now.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKEQUEEN

To be honest they are starting to become far too common and look a bit long in the tooth! p.s 11mpg did used to get me down also.

You will miss the shear grip, acceleration and noise of the scooby but after a while you will start to love the VXR.

cant fault the grip in the dry , i been out today chasing and beating bikes

in the wet they are **** tho :?

but you will luv it when you get it :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by arden
              Originally posted by SMOKEQUEEN

i agree totally.
              in the dry the car is good but wet weather means frustration when driving a vxr.

Comment

Even damp weather means frustration after you've been driving a 4x4 car.....but it still worth it

Comment

yes well i have found a blue car with full leather and 19's at a dealer so i am going to have a test drive on saturday so that i can make my mind up!

Comment

Enjoy the test drive - search around too, you should be able to pick up one with a good few bells and whistles on it - I wish I had shopped round, mine's got 19's and... thats it!!
                    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

unless you get some toyo t1 r's and some good suspension lol x oh and the RARB x

Comment

i paid 14 k for mine with 4800 miles and full miltek with stage 2 map!

i was very lucky getting this though but its shows whats available if you shop around
                        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by andy16vturbo
                          i paid 14 k for mine with 4800 miles and full miltek with stage 2 map!

i was very lucky getting this though but its shows whats available if you shop around
                          you were very lucky there Andy, didn't your car belong to Koa tang? from memory you bought your car from him below trade-in didn't you? he would have rather given it away than let the dealers take the p#ss!

Comment

yes that sound like a great deal you got there. like i said before got the test drive saturday but also off to have a look at a mark2 lotus elise seeing as i only do about 4k miles a year!

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR

unless you get some toyo t1 r's and some good suspension lol x oh and the RARB x
                              and magic up some power to the rear wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X