This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Return Pipe - VXL Turbo warranty work

Well, I knew there was a slight issue since Silverstone BTCC, but the VXL garage said there wasnt an issue and i was dreaming ie. you could very occassionally smell something like hamsters. This smell obviously was the smell of Mobile1 0w40 Oil burning on either the underside of the exhaust manifold or downpipe !

Since then I have had the car checked again and Oil is spilling out onto the top of the sump which looks like a plate, so never saw any spills from the car anywhere. It is very slight and is a known issue with VXL.

After reporting this to my local VXL Masterfit and them checking on Channel 21 and the VXL tech team - they have requested a replacement return pipe which I was informed was the last one in the country and is the FIX ??

However it still hasnt arrived after nearly a week !
    sigpic

Had mine done a few months back. Has been fine since.
    Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

Mine does that too, you can smell it through the air vents, normally after hard acceleration.
      Mines in for it's thrid service and MOT tomorrow morning, ill see what they come up with.

Comment

Mine has done something similar from new, usually after a bit of abuse. although, I think I will buy the part and fit it myself rather than send it back to dealers again...

The Zlet one actually used a stainless steel bellows oil return pipe which was far more substantial than the **** they supply on the LEH's

Comment

they fitted a new one to my car recently and it now leaks far worse than before....
          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
            they fitted a new one to my car recently and it now leaks far worse than before....
            You've not had much luck with leaks of late

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post

The Zlet one actually used a stainless steel bellows oil return pipe which was far more substantial than the **** they supply on the LEH's
              they were much better tbh,dunno why they went for whats on the leh one.

bet it summat to do with cost tho!.....
              ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
              version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
              version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
              coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

I had this on mine. Test drove it and didn't notice it making a smell. Went to pick it up and they told me they'd replaced the oil return pipe from the turbo (without me even pointing out a problem... Nearly passed out from shock! )

It made the smell a few days later!!!! I took it back in and they told me that the dipstick tube was cracked and needed replacing. I was sure it wasn't this causing the smell and hey presto... It still did it!

Took it to another dealer at service time and reported it. They tried to fob me off with the old delivery wax story. I knew it wasn't this because my old SRi Turbo used to make the same smell from an oil leak on one of the banjo couplings.

Took it back to the first dealer with the recall work and told them about the smell again (this time mentioning that some on the forum have found this to be because of leaky oil seals on the turbo itself). They rang me later that day saying that the turbo did need replacing. The work was done 2 weeks ago and, touch wood, the smell has stopped along with the strange scraping/whistling noise it made on cold start-up.
                sigpic

Comment

had mine replaced a few months ago used to drip onto the downpipe and when i come to a standstill the car used to stink

aparantly there is a revised gasket they fit when they are replaced

Comment

Well blow me !

VXL masterfit called today the wife has just said - my replacement Oil rtn pipe and gasket has finally arrived for its warranty replacement.

....must of been sent via Sybria !

I wonder if they give me more OIL now ???
                    sigpic

Comment

Since then I have had the car checked again and Oil is spilling out onto the top of the sump which looks like a plate, so never saw any spills from the car anywhere. It is very slight

had my pipe and gasket replaced but still oil leak onto plate?

Comment

intresting info

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shell and stu View Post
                          Since then I have had the car checked again and Oil is spilling out onto the top of the sump which looks like a plate, so never saw any spills from the car anywhere. It is very slight

had my pipe and gasket replaced but still oil leak onto plate?
                          FYI

I think someone else said that and their issue was in the end - a cracked Dip Stick holder tube ???
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                            FYI

I think someone else said that and their issue was in the end - a cracked Dip Stick holder tube ???
                            will take it to dealers tomoro
                            can the loss of some oil cause any damage?

i seems to have nough on the stick when i check that?

Comment

Originally posted by shell and stu View Post
                              will take it to dealers tomoro
                              can the loss of some oil cause any damage?

i seems to have nough on the stick when i check that?

dont think so - u shouldnt be losing that much !
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X