X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 thing after another

where do i start
    1) yesterday on my way back from manchester the radio decided not to let me turn it up either by the control on the facia or the steering wheel any way turned it off for half an hour then was working ok , weird but it will be going back to the dealers .
    2) today on my way from my mates to the mom in law the car decided to die on me and just cut out i have the traction control light on constantely and a small car at the bottom with a spanner on it , when i let my foot off the accelerator the engine just cut's out , it does start again but lights on dash are on all the time any body got a clue to what this could be ? it's sunday so servicing is not open and the wife need's it tomorrow for the school run aaaaaaaargh disaster with the turbop going as well this as proved to be a disastrous week
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Re: 1 thing after another

Originally posted by worsy
    where do i start
    1) yesterday on my way back from manchester the radio decided not to let me turn it up either by the control on the facia or the steering wheel any way turned it off for half an hour then was working ok , weird but it will be going back to the dealers .
    2) today on my way from my mates to the mom in law the car decided to die on me and just cut out i have the traction control light on constantely and a small car at the bottom with a spanner on it , when i let my foot off the accelerator the engine just cut's out , it does start again but lights on dash are on all the time any body got a clue to what this could be ? it's sunday so servicing is not open and the wife need's it tomorrow for the school run aaaaaaaargh disaster with the turbop going as well this as proved to be a disastrous week
    worsy will pm you bout the spanner as I mite know the cause....

Comment

Re: 1 thing after another

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
      where do i start
      worsy will pm you bout the spanner as I mite know the cause....
      okay cheers mel
      sigpic
      M.U.F.C.

Comment

Worsy Mate, are you getting lack of power indicating its in Limp - home mode?

I had this the other week - thought it was to do with the plugs and coil pack as i hadnt got round to having it done yet, but when i took it down my old work it turned out to be a combination of that, and a faulty air mass meter!

I was gettin ESP light on and Spanner light, cutting out and lack of power, i think ESP lights on to indicate its in limp homw mode.

When i went down there and got it sorted i had a look on TECH 2 with them and the 'Trouble Code' was for Air mass meter Voltage low, and the readings on Data list werent ranging and were something like 2 mg/s.

All sorted now and she is going well, i thought it was to do with my pipercross filter at first, but it doesnt look like it now
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

it's doing all that but no error code coming on the power does feel down but still pull's ok , could be the coil pack as i havent had that changed but mine is an 07 model and didnt think that is was affected :? but could be wrong will give the dealers a bell in morning and get over there to let them check it out , and clues on the radio going all funny do ad on me ????
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

it's doing all that but no error code coming on the power does feel down but still pull's ok , could be the coil pack as i havent had that changed but mine is an 07 model and didnt think that is was affected :? but could be wrong will give the dealers a bell in morning and get over there to let them check it out , and clues on the radio going all funny do ad on me ????
            There should be a trouble code stored if thr spanner light is on, the other way to find it is on TECH 2 to look at the 'Data list' and check the readings from the air mass meter, my old work collegue showed the the readings with the old and new AMM on TECH 2 when i went down their the other saturday morning and had it sorted.
            sigpic

Comment

cheers daz will get them to check it tomoz
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Cool Mate, let me know what the outcome is yeah? :wink:
                sigpic

Comment

will do daz cheers for the info , good job this site is here otherwise we would all be f****d
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

blimey mate
                    didnt check this thread and heres me barking on about my luck
                    sorry Daz and Worsy

Comment

will do daz cheers for the info , good job this site is here otherwise we would all be f****d
                      very true... many a day this site and its members have helped me out.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGER
                        blimey mate
                        didnt check this thread and heres me barking on about my luck
                        sorry Daz and Worsy
                        your rubbin off on us....

Comment

troger get your reading glasses on mate
                          sigpic
                          M.U.F.C.

Comment

sorry i'm laughing that much the tears got in the way mate

Comment

just got a bell of the doris and she says the eds lights been on
                              she thought she'd screwed the new engine so took awhile to get up the bottle to ring and tell me
                              am i that bad ????
                              gave me an excuse to rib her about going and booking it into dealer rather than her wait for John at TMS to sort the service for the damn thing
                              when you guys are all done with this bad luck outbreak don't post it back to me please
                              nah !! ur all good guys on here so i'll take it off ur hands
                              thats what friends are for

Comment

Working...
                              X