This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPower v Tesco Finest !!!

I have seen many threads on fuel and who uses what and so thought about adding poll thread but couldnt seem to do this.

I have always used VPower but comments seem to be that alot of people use 99Ron from Tesco.

Please post the fuel you use pls as I would be interested to see what is favoured amongst you.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Both

Comment

Originally posted by V6 Estate View Post
      Both

Always one isnt there, should you be outside cleaning your wheels

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

New wheels dont need cleaning

Comment

I used T99 then VPower depending which town i sleep in and which is on route

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

ok well... my car was born and bred on v power....

but i found that the turbo was lagging and it had a few flat spots

however i changed it over to t99 and the turbo seemed a lot more keen...spooling up quicker and providing more torque...
            also gives a lot of pops and bangs.

However im now starting to find both of these fuels quite similar, however i do tend to fill up on t99 wherever i can
            Astra Edition #105
            Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Have used both...Vpower most of the time...but couldnt really tell the difference between the 2...just use whatever is cheaper at the time
              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

i use tesco 99 as there is no shell in my town

Comment

Tesco 99 for the most part as it is local, however I will use Shell V-Power if I need to fill up when travelling further away....

You might want to check the Thorney Motorsport site as they have carried out some fuel tests.... see http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t..._Results.shtml

Comment

I use both fuels, but at the minute I have been using T99 as I shop in tesco's and have been getting 5p off a litre.
                    sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
                    for all your tuning needs.....
                    01692 404313.

Comment

v-power on its own for the road, carless hiperflo race fuel for tracks ect
                      recently been playing with carless 90% ethonal race fuel (can run massive ignition advance)
                      sigpic

Comment

Tesco t99 for me, tesco is right on my doorstep and never far from one. There's only 2 shell garages around here and both are far out of my way, have used them in the past.

Comment

Use a mixture of Vpower and Regular unleaded, seems to work fine for me.

Comment

T99 in both cars, even better as it's 5p off most of the time

Astra

Comment

T99 is the better fuel now since Optimax changed to V-power made a more economical fuel rather than a better performance fuel
                              INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Working...
                              X