Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's fitted their exhuast themselves?

If you did. Did you just jack the car up and fit it on your back, or did you rent a garage and get 1 of those lift up ramps and fit it standing or something? :?

I fitted mine myself, but i used to work for Vauxhall and am now working for SAAB as a technician so i have my own ramp and tools etc.

It is do - able yourself mate, but doing it on the deck on axle stands would be a right mission.

The Front pipe is very fiddely,and as for the rear of the system, it took my nearly 1 hour of altering angles of the exhaust hangers etc to get the tailpipe to line up in the recess straight.

Personally if you arent as fortunate as me to be in my position, id let a garage, or one of the tuners fit it for you.
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

:? errgh sounds abit too much for me. How much (just off the top of your head) would you think a vauxhall garage or somewhere simillar would charge to fit?

Comment

my local vaux dealer quoted me 60 quid for system fitting mine should arrive tuesday
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
          my local vaux dealer quoted me 60 quid for system fitting mine should arrive tuesday
          good choice corsa makes sense , adski try a local tyre and exhaust place mate they should be able to do a good job of it and might be cheaper than vx
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Did it myself with ramps and axle stands although its only the cat back, it also helps if you know some good swear words

Comment

60 quid! thats well cheap. Sod doing it myself. I was expecting 100's lol.

Comment

I would get somewhere reputable to fit it, i wouldnt be letting anyone like kwik fit or ATS etc handling my £1000 exhaust system and my 20k Car.

If your in essex why not nip down somewhere like R - Tec??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
                  Did it myself with ramps and axle stands although its only the cat back, it also helps if you know some good swear words
                  Swear words? I'll be fitting the full system, so if i have that much trouble i don't think i'll have much of a car left lol. Bit of an anger management problem :?
                  Think i'll give vauxhall a ring. Cheers guys

Comment

Wheres R-tec? Think i've heard of that.

Comment

adski are you gonna fit the full system think it would be straightforward, apart from front decat pipe
                      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Its a well known tuning firm, owned by the RIPP family, they used to own and run Xtreme Motorsport also in Essex, either that or take a day trip to somewhere like TMS or VXRPC, seriously it would be worth it, at least you know its being fitted my people who are knowledgeable and fit them day in day out :wink:
                        sigpic

Comment

Oooooo i don't knowwwwww
                          I wanna fit it myself cause i like the challenge but i don't wanna screw up my baby
                          If its only the decat pipe thats the problem, i might fit the centre cat and cat-back system myself, then get the front pipe fitted proffesionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                            Its a well known tuning firm, owned by the RIPP family, they used to own and run Xtreme Motorsport also in Essex, either that or take a day trip to somewhere like TMS or VXRPC, seriously it would be worth it, at least you know its being fitted my people who are knowledgeable and fit them day in day out :wink:
                            TMS or VXRPC dont know if thats a good idea, you could end up comming out with all sorts of goodies ,I know I would, seriously though, like Daz says, you cant go wrong with either plus its an excuse for day out

Comment

Adski hows it going mate
                              sounds like you ave the same anger management plan as me mate
                              my tools land miles away sometimes and the air is blue
                              mrs and the kids sit looking out the window taking bets as to when i blow
                              i say retrieving the tools is a bit like going for a jog

Comment

Working...
                              X