This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Required - Poor radio reception after headunit upgrade

I have recently upgraded to a pioneer avic-db3, since fitting had a rubbish radio reception.....swapped the aerial for a honda type r one and still no different.....used autoleads connectors first then connects2, then had to have rewired so got temp and time on top display
    is there something else needed? a radio boost lead or something cheers any help appreciated
    sigpic BURG 472 Gone

pm basilD
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Did you buy the farka adaptor?

Also you need to remove the blue aerial power lead that comes out of the radio, as this doesn't connect to anything in the cars loom.

You connect this blue lead to the farka adaptor.
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

daz vxrcourt3 fitted it..... will have to check with him if i supplied him a farka adapter.....if not were can i get one cheers
        sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

Originally posted by vxrsilver View Post
          daz vxrcourt3 fitted it..... will have to check with him if i supplied him a farka adapter.....if not were can i get one cheers
          http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fakr...or-p-5632.html

I installed a Alpine, so the socket on the HU was the other type. So I pulled the banana socket on the fakra adaptor apart and soldiered it straight into the alpine. Neat job. I could of spent another £5 and brought an adaptor.

You'll notice in the above link a blue lead loose in the picture, this connects to your aerial power output from your HU. The blue/turquoise socket connects to the car and the silver one goes into your aerial socket on your HU Make sure thats the one that fits, or you'll have to buy the adaptor or do a DIY job
          sigpic
          Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

cheers don't think i bought one of them.....will have to get one
            sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

No probs, make sure you read my post again, I edited it, just in case you read it before I finished editing
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X