This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGINE LIGHT.......

Hi guys, Last nite i went out for a spin in the car as i was coming off the slip road onto the A14 i pressed the SPORT button and put my foot down and all of a suddon the engine light came on started to flash i pulled over turn the car Off then back on then it was all fine, Ive had it mapped for 3weeks now and its the 1st time anything like that has happend ????? Anyone want to help ?????? PLEASE LOL....

Re: ENGINE LIGHT.......

Originally posted by M1-8hav
    Hi guys, Last nite i went out for a spin in the car as i was coming off the slip road onto the A14 i pressed the SPORT button and put my foot down and all of a suddon the engine light came on started to flash i pulled over turn the car Off then back on then it was all fine, Ive had it mapped for 3weeks now and its the 1st time anything like that has happend ????? Anyone want to help ?????? PLEASE LOL....
    it's nothing serious hun - just get it tech 2'd and that'll show up what it is x a few ppl have had minor things like this with having the wrong spark plugs etc xx breath and don't worry too much lol x

Comment

May seem like a daft question but tech 2'd? Ive heard a few people mention this what is it?

Wayne

Comment

Don't worry too much.Mine does it when it is pushed hard with the sport button on ,when the engine is not fully warmed up.It did it twice,I took it to the dealers who found nothing.
        Try pushing the car again and see what happens,make sure it is nice and warm first
        sigpic
        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
        Click Here to.................
        See My Wheels
        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by waynecoluk
          May seem like a daft question but tech 2'd? Ive heard a few people mention this what is it?

Wayne
          Its the clever box of tricks that plugs into you cars ECU (the computer that runs everything). This is what Vauxhall retailers used to do diganostics, and minor software updates etc
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

8hav - i wudnt worry too much. get it tech 2'd or call tony at VXRPC and he will be able to help you out.

Comment

Re: ENGINE LIGHT.......

Where did you have your map done and what stage are you?

Andy

Comment

you got a glitch i got meltdown at moment think ive got the troger disease :wink:
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

ITS FIXED..... I just took it out, i think the engine may have been cold yesterday thats why, warmed it up for about 20mins drving slow etc then put the sport mode on and gave it some proper welly and it was fine it was like before back to normal....... The answer is let the car warm up before you hammer it as it will go into limp (go home mode).......

Comment

sorry stage 1 vxprc.... Good old Tony......lol

Comment

ITS FIXED..... I just took it out, i think the engine may have been cold yesterday thats why, warmed it up for about 20mins drving slow etc then put the sport mode on and gave it some proper welly and it was fine it was like before back to normal....... The answer is let the car warm up before you hammer it as it will go into limp (go home mode).......
                      LOL! see - told you it was nothing serious x you gotta remember that when you start modding your car you have to look after it more than a standard one xx so always warm the car up, always give it good fuel oh and wash it once in a while xx

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                        LOL! see - told you it was nothing serious x you gotta remember that when you start modding your car you have to look after it more than a standard one xx so always warm the car up, always give it good fuel oh and wash it once in a while xx
                        Huh, that's easy for her to say. She has someone to do that for her!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          you got a glitch i got meltdown at moment think ive got the troger disease :wink:
                          WHAT
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

PMSL Troger disease ????

Comment

Mine does it.

Your right, just leave it to warm up and its fine.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X