X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New plugs!

Just passing on some helpful info as regards plugs
    On the basis of advice from a 'wise one' on here fitted NGK ZFR6FIX plugs to the car a couple of weeks ago Find it smoother ,better low down torque and improved fuel economy.
    Only problem is you have to re-gap the plugs your self to 0.8mm.
    Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

I bought a set of Courts would I have to RE-Gap them
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Courts plugs are a different part no and already come gapped at 0.8mm
      The tuners at present are using a cooler version of the plugs reccommended for the ZLET Turbo engine not ZLEH. The reccommended ones by NGK for ZLEH engine in the cooler iridium version only come gapped to 1.1mm
      Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

so how do u gap them?

Comment

get a hammer and hammer them down

Items needed

1. Idiot
          2. Hammer
          3. Tape Measure
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Be interesting to see how long they last you now. Keep us posted, I think you will be surprized just how long they will last !

BTW - dont forget to tell any garage/person who services ya car for next couple of services not to touch the plugs, as they are Iridiums !
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              get a hammer and hammer them down

Items needed

1. Idiot
              2. Hammer
              3. Tape Measure
              does an idiot need a tape measure? more to the point would they know how to use one
              sigpic
              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

best way to gap is to use a feeler gauge for getting the gap to .8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feeler_gauge

Comment

Iridium plugs are pretty delicate so I used a plug adjusting tool and feeler guages.
                  Dont use the ramp tye adjuster as this will damage the small cente electrode.
                  If enough people on here e mail NGK asking them to make an
                  0.8 gap ZFR6FIX version of this plug as opposed to only the 1.1 gap I am sure they would.
                  Definite improvement on the iridum BKR6EIX that I have been using up to now]

Comment

Be interesting to see how long they last you now. Keep us posted, I think you will be surprized just how long they will last !

BTW - dont forget to tell any garage/person who services ya car for next couple of services not to touch the plugs, as they are Iridiums !

Will be keeping an eye on things when I do mini service (I change my oil mobil 1 0-40 every 6 months)

Comment

Working...
                    X