This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping question

Been thinking about this a lot, and keep drifting to Bluefins page.

Can somebody advise me

is what they claim true ? 281 BHP ?

Whats a better option< id like the fucntion to be able to remove and put on when i want, Like blue fin. only got 400 quid Bluefin deals 391 at the mo

What gain would i get from said options, and please only reccomend something that wont take the car too high that i gotta update stuff, or put the engine in stress mode. hehe

Thanks

Tobes

is your VXr standard ?

i think 281 is more stage 2 territory so maybe a little on the high side
    Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Isnt stage 1 more 265 bhp?

Comment

i m running stage 1 ipf remap with de-cat pipe and have 286bhp 310lbs torque and is running all on the safe side ( boost etc ) happy days
        Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunCTR View Post
          Isnt stage 1 more 265 bhp?
          sounds about right to me
          Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

with a stage 1 re-map weather it be EDS , Superchip or Klassen map you should be looking at between 30-40bhp increase to the 240bhp standard astra VXR.
            Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-blacksheep View Post
              with a stage 1 re-map weather it be EDS , Superchip or Klassen map you should be looking at between 30-40bhp increase to the 240bhp standard astra VXR.
              With Just a remap ....Behave
              sigpic
              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                With Just a remap ....Behave
                what you mean behave , i had just a eds remap and pulled 276bhp and 296lbs torque straight out the bag and that was on a certain set of roller that a certain corsa vxr got nearly 250bhp on then had a go on your rollers at thorneys and had pretty much the same so can t be down to the rollers can it obviously every car is slightly different , but ok maybe 30-35bhp increase is more like it . just out of intrest what should the superchip/bluefin give then ?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-blacksheep View Post
                  what you mean behave , i had just a eds remap and pulled 276bhp and 296lbs torque straight out the bag and that was on a certain set of roller that a certain corsa vxr got nearly 250bhp on then had a go on your rollers at thorneys and had pretty much the same so can t be down to the rollers can it obviously every car is slightly different , but ok maybe 30-35bhp increase is more like it . just out of intrest what should the superchip/bluefin give then ?
                  Thorney's website say 30bhp
                  Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

SO afetr all that whats people reccomend ?

Comment

Two things, Pick up the phone and talk to all the tuners personally see who makes the right noises for you and if possible get somebody in your region to take you out in their car.
                      Personal experience and research is much better way of deciding how you spend your money than posts on forums or opinions of people who have bought a specific product as they will obviously say theirs is best
                      sigpic

Comment

EDS is very agressive, I've heard bluefin is smoother.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Tobamory View Post
                          SO afetr all that whats people reccomend ?

DAP

i had daves st2 on mine running 292bhp and can highly recomend him

www.dap-performance.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
                            Two things, Pick up the phone and talk to all the tuners personally see who makes the right noises for you and if possible get somebody in your region to take you out in their car.
                            Personal experience and research is much better way of deciding how you spend your money than posts on forums or opinions of people who have bought a specific product as they will obviously say theirs is best
                            well said.make your own mind up and nobody can get blamed for telling things and they then go wrong

Comment

bluefin from tms is the way to go,if you occour any problems tms will use your vx warrenttee or will fix it themselfs-note no other tuner will give you a warrenttee and stand on it like tms do,so if you value your car then its tms all the way pal,but thats my opinion and i dont want to get into the tuner wars

Comment

Working...
                              X