This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr brakes

hows it goin people? thats my pads just about needing changed so was wondering if its best to change them with just the standard pads or is there a better set of pads to fit? dont know if i will be changing the discs.

also has anyone got a step by step of how to change the pads? i have a good idea what am doin but would like a step by step guide just to keep me 100% right.

thanks
    milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

EBC Yellow pads would be a nice upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by gmartinvxr View Post
      hows it goin people? thats my pads just about needing changed so was wondering if its best to change them with just the standard pads or is there a better set of pads to fit? dont know if i will be changing the discs.

also has anyone got a step by step of how to change the pads? i have a good idea what am doin but would like a step by step guide just to keep me 100% right.

thanks
      if its your first time changing pads, id just do the pads this time round and upgrade to ebc yellows as mentioned by 'the fi' and next time do both as the yellows are a little rough on the discs
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

ok so just replace with standard pads and move onto yellows when upgrading the discs?
        milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

Comment

ok so just replace with standard pads and move onto yellows when upgrading the discs?
          upgrade to yellows now if you feel the need for better pads (and discs are ok) and next time round do both
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Get the Yellow stuff pads

Comment

so yellow stuff pads and leave discs standard?

Comment

so yellow stuff pads and leave discs standard?
                if your discs dont need changing just now yes
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

thanks, just like to be 100% sure :L anyone got a step by step?

Comment

thanks, just like to be 100% sure :L anyone got a step by step?
                    how you mean step by step? you mean a guide to changing pads?
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

yeah just a guide to keep me 100% right

Comment

Mine is the SAME!!!

I need to replace mine

Im thinking of getting

Courts 16G front
                        8G rear with the yellow stuff pads
                        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

which is better

Red pads or Yellow pads

Uprated Brake Pads
                          We supply Red Ceramic pads for fast road use, ideal as a good alternative to the OE pad working at up to 550 degrees C or Yellow ceramic pads which work at higher temperatures than the Red pads for more spirited driving on road driving and light track work (e.g. trackdays). Available for Front and Rear.
                          Red Pads - Yellow Pads

REMEMBER ITS MY DRIVING HARD AND FAST...
                          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

ORRRRRRRRRRRrr

Is it the Courts section or this for 499 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...1%7C240%3A1318

What is the difference

Comment

I brought Yellow, cant fault them, they're superb. If I put the standard ones back now I'll probably think I've lost all my brakes, that's how much of a difference they make.

I need to re inspect the drivers side though, the pad is only touching about 3" of the disk, the other 2" isn't touching!!
                              sigpic
                              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Working...
                              X