This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool stat fitting

ok worked out with the help of vxrdave where the cool stat housing is sited, its held on with a few nuts etc, ok one question though one of the coolant hoses obviously comes directly off the housing. Does this mean in order to swap the stat over you have to drain the coolant liquid again as i did to fit the coolant hoses in the first place. then simply swap them over and put back
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Re: cool stat fitting

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
    ok worked out with the help of vxrdave where the cool stat housing is sited, its held on with a few nuts etc, ok one question though one of the coolant hoses obviously comes directly off the housing. Does this mean in order to swap the stat over you have to drain the coolant liquid again as i did to fit the coolant hoses in the first place. then simply swap them over and put back
    is there no where you can take it to get it done?
    i`d hate to see you knacker your car

Comment

Re: cool stat fitting

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
      thay will be coolant in the block so some will need to be drained out not all of it just so its below the stat just two bolts holed it on and the two pipes

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

ok well think ill drain whole system, is it easy from then on just undo nuts on housing. what bout small black pipe that attaches to housing

Comment

how does the actual stat come out and go in is it a twit in/out

Comment

push down and twist.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
            X