This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

going to be buying some tyres for my berg soon,if you didnt know iam running 19s and have been looking at some avon zz3,does anybody have these and whats your thoughts on these as i can buy a pair at £195 but would need to get these fitted

my toyo t1rs are very good i wasnt sure at first but cant fault them
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

I used a soap on a rope from Avon Hoggy and it lasted well and was good in the wet.

I think Daz had these actually.
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

daz has free dunlops i bett
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
          going to be buying some tyres for my berg soon,if you didnt know iam running 19s and have been looking at some avon zz3,does anybody have these and whats your thoughts on these as i can buy a pair at £195 but would need to get these fitted
          Good price them mate. I had them on my old Impreza and thought they were ****. I think Daz rates them on the vxr though. I got some toyo's and they seem ok but a bit more road noise than the conti's. Got both mine fitted at C&S tyres in Boro for £20.

Comment

I got Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics recently - they are unbelieveable, transformed the car over Conti 2's. Grippy in the wet, far better on the limit and traction is improved!

Comment

It's what DAP puts on all his cars, and all the T9's he did had them fitted, they throw up a lot of water, but thats what you want anyway
              sigpic

Comment

£195 for apair of shoes is cheap as i paid around £250 the last time i changed my front ones and that was for Conti's which are only mid range, as they say you get what you pay for so i wouldnt expect too much from them but as i have never had them they may be fantastic but i doubt it?

Comment

I had some Avon zz3's on my old focus and they were the worst tyres I've ever had and I used crappy Yokohama Pradas so thats saying something.
                  I see dumb people.......
                  .....they're everywhere
                  .....they walk around like everyone else
                  .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

I using Yoko now and they was amazingggggggg farrrrrrr better than contis in the wet it is sooo good at handling can still throw it round corners at 60 - 65

They are brill tyres...
                    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

What Yoko's are you running? As the PARADA 2's I've used before were dump.
                      I see dumb people.......
                      .....they're everywhere
                      .....they walk around like everyone else
                      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

I donno but they were 185 a piece they are reallllly good I cant fault them
                        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

do all new tyres on the vxr's have to be run flats??
                          Astra Edition #105
                          Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Hoggy i am running avon zz3's and i like them the road noise is alot quieter than the contis excellant in the dry not 100% brilliant in the wet but i am not really one for pushing it in the wet. I think they are good value for money . And that is a really good price your getting there.

Comment

I have just got 4 Hankook 91Y rating Tyres which are a Pirelli manufact brand.

They were £340 fitted/balanced and they are really good tyres from a drving perspective, traction and straight line control

experts on here may not agree but they are far better that the sport contact 2's , excellent in the recent snow/wet by comparison

I would recommend them all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X