This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car seat's

well here i go again another moan about vauxhall's, apart from the car falling to bit's around me i was over the moon when our new car seat arrived last thursday , anyway it look's the nut's with suncover for the little one and adjustable head rest for when she start's growing , got the seat home unpacked the little beauty and thought wow nice , anyway tried it in the car fitted well in the front seat plugged the seat belt in and waited for the airbags to turn off ( must say at this point i bought 1 with the transponder's fitted for this reason child safety and all that ) well nothing!" no light's come on the dash to let me know it's working :? so anyway i'm off up north that night to see the kid's and left it that , friday i'm in leigh ( where my other kid's live ) and i thought i know i'll call in the local vx dealer and ask them about it but unforunately the tech was off that day so it got no further there
    so i thought ah ring the dealer i bought it from back down south , guess what i was answered with that good old saying "i dont know i will ask a tech and ring you back " well 3hr's later they rang back with a " we dont know mr worsfold can you ring customer service and they may be able to help " so i thought sod it i'll ring monday when i'm back .
    so as i had to ring them today about the rest of the car falling apart around me i would ask again they then gave me a number to ring , so i gave them a tinkle whereupon i thought mmmmm this sound's like a european dialling sound and hey presto a jolly foreign man with zilch understanding of a northern accent tried to understand me , he then told me he would ring technical support and get back to me within the hour , (note "they will not transfer you" ) anyway nearly 5 hrs later still no phone call so i rang them back whereupon some jolly foreign woman once again asked me all the question's i had previously answered 5hrs previous , what was the name of the last person you spoke to :? :? god know's i reply adolf or something :? anyway i get the same response tech support blah blah bullpoo bullpoo so in my rage i then proceeded to say that this was not a good enough answer and tore in to her ( sorry for upsetting you but i am a customer and a good 1 at that ) so then half an hour later i get a phone call saying (from adolf again ) that the transponder seats are no longer made ??????? but hey adolf i just bought 1 :? arrrrrgh .
    i then rang back the vx dealers near here where i go and i tell them my predicament hang on give me 5 min's i will ask someone for you , true enough 5 min's later they ring back i tell them that it's a 07 model and they reply sorry sir the car's stopped doing the transponder's after june 06 aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh death murder kill the rage as hit me , so what am i supposed to do i ask ? well you could bring it back but there will be a charge for sending it back ok then i'll cut my losses and just go and buy a cheaper 1 half the price to be more precise . ok but i dont have the box does this matter ? " oh sorry sir we cant accept it back without the box " who keeps a big box in the house after they have bought something ????? so now i'm stuck with a £142.00 car seat and still the airbag's on so the child is supposed to sit in the back which is not the ideal situation as my wife will be sat in the front , is she supposed to keep leaning over to check the baby , anyway to cut this story to the end all i can say is dont buy a car seat from vx cos not 1 of em know how they work , ps dougie if you read this HELP what can i do i want my £142 back
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Worsy, i really feel for you. this is not a situation you wasnt to be in especially so close to the arrival of the mini worsy.

I really really hope you get this sorted.

Comment

found this if its any good mate The seat’s integrated transponder communicates with the vehicle’s Automatic Seat Occupancy Detection System, which is available as a factory-fitted option on most new Vauxhall models, to prevent the deployment of the front passenger airbags. The ISOFIX connections are designed to minimise the risk of incorrect installation.
      its on this link http://www.carpages.co.uk/vauxhall/v...s_02_10_04.asp

if i aint got a tag marked ECE R44.03. on it its illegal and ur local CAB will love to take it further for you i'm sure

the managers at vauxhall customer services are
      mr d m baker
      ms emma marshall

i know how frustrating this is mate
      i ended up talking to some doris in budapest on a training course

Comment

I couldn't be bothered to read that cause it was too long lol. could someone tell me in brief what its about. Sounds quite bad :?

Comment

so if i aint got it fixed as a factory option ( how many options are there cos i'm losing count ) i'm basically stuffed , dont you think that vx should have a bit better product knowledge and by going into their network they shopuld know which car's are fitted with it and which arent ??????? thus the need for people buying stuff like this , which is a complete waste of time just to boost the sales they really are peeing me off
          sigpic
          M.U.F.C.

Comment

Worsey, I asked about this as we have our first child on the way.

The transponder to switch off the air bags is an optional extra, if you don't opt for it when buying your car then it's never going to work. IMO it should be standard in all cars!!

Comment

its "not fit for use" then mate
              take it back. box or not. and take ur receipt and get ur money back... they cant refuse
              you will get ur money back or i'll pitch in £50 for the baby and i'm sure others would join in (as a wet the babies head thing)
              respect mate
              but it really pisses me off the way they treat their customers

Comment

Originally posted by TROGER
                its "not fit for use" then mate
                take it back. box or not. and take ur receipt and get ur money back... they cant refuse
                you will get ur money back or i'll pitch in £50 for the baby and i'm sure others would join in (as a wet the babies head thing)
                respect mate
                but it really pisses me off the way they treat their customers
                cheer's troger but have spoke to dougie today and hopefully will be sorted soon , i'll still have the cash though
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddy
                  Worsey, I asked about this as we have our first child on the way.

The transponder to switch off the air bags is an optional extra, if you don't opt for it when buying your car then it's never going to work. IMO it should be standard in all cars!!
                  worsy, I really know where you are coming from. Not sure if this reply I received from Vxl CS helps - I too am perplexed that the Automatic Seat Occupancy Detection system OR the ISOFIX system was not pointed out as an optional extra and nothing obvious in the brochures.

Dear Mr ______

Thank you for your email dated 18 January 2007, regarding your child seat enquiry.

Conventional rear-facing child seats (like Vauxhall BABY-SAFE) cannot be used on the front passenger seat in vehicles with active front passenger’s airbags. Child seats should not be used in conjunction with air bag systems, unless the vehicle has the Automatic Seat Occupancy Detection system and a Vauxhall seat fitted with a transponder is used.

ISOFIX is a worldwide standard fitting system between a car and a child seat. As it is virtually impossible to make a child seat that fits all vehicles, ISOFIX is designed to solve this problem simply by plugging into the special anchorage points. The ISOFIX system is part of the vehicle structure and therefore cannot be retrofitted, it must be ordered when a new car is purchased.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Thank you for contacting Vauxhall Motors and allowing me the opportunity to assist.

Yours sincerely

__________ __________
                  Customer Care Consultant

Having a look at buying a baby seat for the motor. It is for a newborn
                  so I've been looking at the Vxl Baby-Safe.

Does the Astra VXR have a Automatic Seat Occupancy Detection system or ISOFIX connections? Not sure what all that means actually. Does it matter if the seat goes in the passenger seat or back of the car?

Sorry, bit of a novice when it comes to things for babies, etc. Have
                  some friends in need of a bit of help and may end up needing to give
                  them a few lifts for a while and they've just had a baby.

Thanks

Neil

Thank you for contacting Vauxhall Motors and allowing me the opportunity to assist.
                  I love that bit at the end - it shows they really understand your frustrations and show that human touch NOT!

Comment

No I never knew that this had to be fitted at new and was never told.

It would have been nice as with the VXR seats kiddie seats in the back are terrible as you cant reach through if needed.

Comment

wekcome to the vxl twilight zone napster :?
                      i think they should ave clairvoyents at each dealer to help u wiv ur choice
                      classic buls*** reply though
                      u should read mine ... after i read it i went looking for postman cus he delivered the letter ( nah didnt really )
                      the (recorded) conversations with vcs are truly mind blowing
                      and if u ask to record the conversation at ur end u get mysteriousy cut off

nice one worsy hope u get sortes mate
                      flip u for the £50 mate ?
                      errr..... heads

Comment

isnt there some switch or button you hold to turn them off?

Comment

mel
                          are you the official "mod on the mod"

Comment

have a look at here mel http://www.carpages.co.uk/vauxhall/v...s_02_10_04.asp

cars these days know nore and more bout their drivers

Comment

publication on the 02/10/04
                              so info's been available for communication at /by vxl since then :?

Comment

Working...
                              X