Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If turkey noise doesn't go by rehooking the hose.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If turkey noise doesn't go by rehooking the hose.

Hello,

My Turkey noise didn't go after the hose was rehooked, finally the problem was this:

Field Remedy: 2131

Models:
    Zafira 2001...2004,Zafira-B 2005...,Astra-H 2004...,Astra-G 2001...2006,VX220 2003...2006,Speedster 2003...2006
    Engines:
    Z20LET,Z20LEH| Z20LEL| Z20LER,Z20LEL| Z20LER| Z20LEH,Z20LET,Z20LET,Z20LET

Complaint:
    Whistling noise during deceleration.

Cause:
    Delayed function of the bypass valve of the turbo charger due to:<*1*>- wrong mounted vacuum tank from previous repairs<*2*>- vacuum tank (below intake manifold): check valve defect, decrease of vacuum<*3*>- vacuum pipes (polyamid pipe and hoses) leaky/defect<*4*>- switching valve (mounted beside tank) defect<*5*>- compressor bypass valve defect

Remedy:
    In case of customer complaint check vacuum tank and lines for correct
    mounting. The mark "TOP" on the vacuum tank shows in this application
    downwards. The correct mounting position is important because of the
    check valve inside the vacuum tank.
    It is possible to check all valves and vacuum pipes with a Kent Moore
    hand pump.
    If vacuucm doesnآ´t decrease the tested component is OK.
    Note: In case of complaint refer also to Quick Information 2259.

FunctionalGroup: J - Engine
    Complaint Group: 14 - Noises or Vibrations
    Trouble Code: None

FD

I will be asking the dealers to check it for that Field Remedy number when it goes in for the manifold studs - I have previously had it checked for 2259 and had the diaphragm changed then.

Cheers

Astra

Comment

So is that saying the word TOP on the vacuum tank has to be downwards going against how it is marked....???

As mine was like this and i turned it around and made no difference.?
      sigpic
      WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Originally posted by vxrcourt3 View Post
        So is that saying the word TOP on the vacuum tank has to be downwards going against how it is marked....???

As mine was like this and i turned it around and made no difference.?
        I read it like that as well - Hmm?

Astra

Comment

thats in cause section so that would be whats causing it

Comment

first the hose came off mine, Daz kindly put it back on problem solved for a while then valve split.......then upgraded to regal diverter valve this solved mine
            sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

Hello everyone

I have had my vacuum pipe come off twice and wanted to know the bes tfix other than replacing the hose with another brand.

Do cable ties work? I do not want to glue anything...........

Other ideas appreciated. I think GM should fix this properly.

cheers

Ice

Comment

Also interested in regal diveter.....any info appreciated.

cheers

ice

Comment

I have my hoses attached with cable-ties, not had them come off yet. However, I still had the turkey gobble even after having the diaphram replaced.

The solution to my Turkey Gobble was to fit the Regal Diverter Valve. Problem solved and the turkey has never come back!! The product is great and is alot smoother than the OE. Had a similar product on my previous car (Audi TT) which is why I went with this product as I knew it was a good piece of kit and the company that has developed it for Regal are well known in the Porsche and Audi community....

Comment

Originally posted by FreshDriver View Post
                    Hello,

My Turkey noise didn't go after the hose was rehooked, finally the problem was this:

Field Remedy: 2131

Models:
                    Zafira 2001...2004,Zafira-B 2005...,Astra-H 2004...,Astra-G 2001...2006,VX220 2003...2006,Speedster 2003...2006
                    Engines:
                    Z20LET,Z20LEH| Z20LEL| Z20LER,Z20LEL| Z20LER| Z20LEH,Z20LET,Z20LET,Z20LET

Complaint:
                    Whistling noise during deceleration.

Cause:
                    Delayed function of the bypass valve of the turbo charger due to:<*1*>- wrong mounted vacuum tank from previous repairs<*2*>- vacuum tank (below intake manifold): check valve defect, decrease of vacuum<*3*>- vacuum pipes (polyamid pipe and hoses) leaky/defect<*4*>- switching valve (mounted beside tank) defect<*5*>- compressor bypass valve defect

Remedy:
                    In case of customer complaint check vacuum tank and lines for correct
                    mounting. The mark "TOP" on the vacuum tank shows in this application
                    downwards. The correct mounting position is important because of the
                    check valve inside the vacuum tank.
                    It is possible to check all valves and vacuum pipes with a Kent Moore
                    hand pump.
                    If vacuucm doesnآ´t decrease the tested component is OK.
                    Note: In case of complaint refer also to Quick Information 2259.

FunctionalGroup: J - Engine
                    Complaint Group: 14 - Noises or Vibrations
                    Trouble Code: None

FD

Cheers matey,

Took my car in today armed with the 2131 field remedy and they were quickly able to tell that this was indeed the problem, so got it booked in for monday to get sorted as I dont have time today

Comment

Thats great! I would like to get my hands on a regal valve, but I am in Oz. Anyone know if they have dealer over here?

I will use some cable ties on the pipes to stop them coming off.

I would also like to know if someone can post field remedy 2259?

I guess what I am interested in is how many of these stock valves fail as my whole turbo was replaced last year at only 1500k's on the clock.

Cheers

ice

Comment

now with this noise, is it every time you take your foot off the loud pedal?
                        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Everytime you lift off and the car is on boost

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                            Everytime you lift off and the car is on boost
                            Surely when you lift off....the car isnt on boost anymore ha ha
                            sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                            Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                            Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                              Surely when you lift off....the car isnt on boost anymore ha ha
                              You know what I mean, smarty pants

Comment

Working...
                              X