Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

door speakers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • door speakers

    can anybody tell me the size of the front door speakers of the astra vxr please,as iam going to up-grade them for some bose ones hopefully that iam going to get via work,cheers

  • #2
    6.5" mate front and rears
    Whats next?!?!?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hoggy i dont think Bose are all they are cracked upto be , i spoke to Basil about this in depth and my mate that had Bose in his was very very dissapointed , its what powers them that will make the difference and dynamatting.
      HeavenlyDetail
      .
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
        Hoggy i dont think Bose are all they are cracked upto be , i spoke to Basil about this in depth and my mate that had Bose in his was very very dissapointed , its what powers them that will make the difference and dynamatting.
        ill be having these when there are for free pal you know the score marc

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
          6.5" mate front and rears
          sorry whats that in centremeters please

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
            ill be having these when there are for free pal you know the score marc
            How silly of me.
            HeavenlyDetail
            .
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
              sorry whats that in centremeters please
              thats 17cm, sorry
              a lot of places will advertise them in 6.5"/17cm.
              Whats next?!?!?

              Comment


              • #8
                its not that
                Im sure you will need the Depth also.. some magnets are huge
                Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

                Comment


                • #9
                  can you buy bose car speakers on the shelf?

                  I thought they were bespoke to audi etc

                  or are they used spkrs from an Audi???

                  would not mind some of these my self

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dtox View Post
                    its not that
                    Im sure you will need the Depth also.. some magnets are huge
                    the magnet will not be an issue. Ive changed all mine over
                    Whats next?!?!?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      are they hard to fit? is the front door card a pain...... is there a how to


                      mite have a go at changing mine 2moz
                      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was going to updgrade the front speaker and tweekters in my last Astra but was told unless you spend serious bucks you wont get much extra out of them and for the money u'd spend i was told it was not worth it.

                        Instead i got a sub and amp at like half the price it would have cost me just for the front speakers (due to what i'd need) and was well chuffed but have yet to put it into my VXR.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                          are they hard to fit? is the front door card a pain...... is there a how to


                          mite have a go at changing mine 2moz
                          Very easy to do. Prise off the cover, un-bolt the standard speakers and disconnect them, then connect the new ones, bolt them in and replace the cover.

                          Its only the rear speakers where you have to take out the entire door card as the cover doesnt come off, its molded into the card.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            basically its very easy to change the speakers and tweeters over. But to get the best out of them, you need to run them off an amp and uprated speaker cable.

                            I uprated all my speakers and cable and run the fronts and rears off a 4 channel amp and then ran a sub of another amp. It costs a few quid and took a good weekend to sort out, but its totally worth it!
                            Whats next?!?!?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                              Very easy to do. Prise off the cover, un-bolt the standard speakers and disconnect them, then connect the new ones, bolt them in and replace the cover.

                              Its only the rear speakers where you have to take out the entire door card as the cover doesnt come off, its molded into the card.
                              my grills were plastic welded to the card so i removed the card in full
                              Whats next?!?!?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X