This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbs

Can someone reccomend some decent bulbs for non xenon lights.

I bought some Phillips Blue Vision and they seem really dim.

I bought a set of Ebay they are good and 55w so legal
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Jk View Post
      Can someone reccomend some decent bulbs for non xenon lights.

I bought some Phillips Blue Vision and they seem really dim.
      phillips blue vision are pants mate i had them in my focus....

i upgraded them to halfords extreme brilliance bulbs....

they sound **** but believe me they are really good bulbs, bright as anything and they have a nice blue tinge in them!!

think they are about 19.99 a piece though
      Astra Edition #105
      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

i got phillips blue vision aswell to get rid of the yellow original bulbs but i think there is not much change

phillips blue vision are pants!!!

Comment

Just remind me...are dipped beam bulbs H4's or H7's?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H7-XENON-HEADL...1%7C240%3A1318

something like this
            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
              phillips blue vision are pants mate i had them in my focus....

i upgraded them to halfords extreme brilliance bulbs....

they sound **** but believe me they are really good bulbs, bright as anything and they have a nice blue tinge in them!!

think they are about 19.99 a piece though
              you should have registered for a trade card then you would not have had to pay full price

Comment

ben.........buy ring sportz blue! i have them they are immense and so bright

ask any1 with them u wont find any1 who doesnt like them

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post

Where did you get yours...are dipped beam H7's?

Comment

was moaning to myself about my lights this week. Stopped in a layby, then after a few carefully aimed spits and a rub with tissue I was a happy bunny again. Don't forget that the salt on the roads will make then lenses get a black sheen on them very quickly at the moment
                    sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                    Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post

I agree had these for 2 years now first class white light and even bright in the wet love then even got then in the sri too, loads on here have then fitted.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

log on to Auto Express they are always testing bulbs for output/quality and price.
                        I had some 50% brighter H7 's and bought a set of 80 then 90% brighters no difference.

Auto Express found the same similar outputs.
                        Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

i have always used Philips Extreme before the Astra, they really are much brighter than standard bulbs
                          http://www.care4car.com/productdispl...non_bulbs.html
                          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                            I agree had these for 2 years now first class white light and even bright in the wet love then even got then in the sri too, loads on here have then fitted.
                            Is it right that these aren't "officially" road leagal??

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Jk View Post
                              Is it right that these aren't "officially" road leagal??
                              Well that what they say...but ran them on my astra for over a year and never got any bother with them....they are really good would 100% buy them again
                              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Working...
                              X