This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the Cat

Right I was thinking. Is it easy to remove a Cat the main cat on a remus Exchaust

I know it will fail MOT. but will it make proformance even better and it louder..

Then come MOT time which is 2 and half years get them to Bolt it back in

Thanks
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Surely you will need a map that allows for no cats as the lamba readings will be out and flag the emissions light up on the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
      Surely you will need a map that allows for no cats as the lamba readings will be out and flag the emissions light up on the dash?
      I would have thought so

Astra

Comment

ooo I didnt think of that lol

Thanks
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

there is a map on regals ipf unit for no cats.

Comment

might not have to worry about it i know of someone on here that runs a decat on his zaffie with no lights coming on and he's running cs3
            for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

it is possible BUT your warning light will constantly be on due to the removal of the lamda sensor

Comment

decat pipe the Astra got 2 cats I want both gone

Comment

the pre cat you can decat as all decat precats can use the first lambda sensor however the main cat also has a lambda sensor but by removing the cat it will tell the ecu something is wrong hence the wrning lights,really not worth the trouble mate,just keep the 100 cell cat your burg has

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
                    it is possible BUT your warning light will constantly be on due to the removal of the lamda sensor

nope lamda sensor still in pipe and No lights on has made no difference
                    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by timmee View Post
                      nope lamda sensor still in pipe and No lights on has made no difference
                      have you got straight through mate,no cat?

Comment

not me but some one else on here has with a cs3 zaffie has had no cat fitted and no warning lights

Comment

let me get this right , from what i read it`s an mot failure so by doing this surely it would effect your insurance aswell, is this correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                            let me get this right , from what i read it`s an mot failure so by doing this surely it would effect your insurance aswell, is this correct ?
                            Thats a very interesting point that im certain not many have thought about. As it would fail an MOT it is then deemed to be un-roadworthy and would therefore void insurance!

Good point mate

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                              it's only a mot failure if it fails the emissions test if it don't then it won't fail

it's not a fail just cos it an't fitted

Comment

Working...
                              X