This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken Fk 452

just been looking at them cost £114 for 235 35 19's which is really good any one had a set??? if yes they any good?

They are ok.

I had a set a while back when i had 19's and to be honest i didnt really rate them, have horrible sidewalls that angle inwards and didnt last very long
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

DAZ YOU TRIED zz3's

Comment

Yes i did Hoggy

I had a couple of sets on my 19's. Personally, i liked them, held the road ok, lasted well, nice tread pattern, god value for money to honest with you
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

cheers wot tyres you runing at the mo daz? how lomg did the falkens last?
          Last edited by vxdave; 6 December 2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I have had a set of 4 on for 6 months back are fine replacing front on monday after covering 10k miles.....they are a good tyre, plenty of grip and cheap enough to replace...i had 2 irepairable puncters on the conti that were only 4 weeks old and thought i am not paying 180 a piece again
            sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

I had Avon ZZ3's as my previous set of tyres. They weren't great but not bad. I went round Brands Hatch on them and didnt feel overly confident like I had at Combe with Eagle F1's, but on the road for everyday use they were OK. Only thing is the rear tyres feathered on the inner edges after a while and gave a humming noise like my wheel bearings had gone.

I had Falken f452's on my previous car, only had them on there for 4 months before I sold the car so dont know how long they last for but again for everyday sorta use they were not too bad

Hope that little bit of useless info is some help Dave

Comment

Falken's are a really good tyre iirc, as I had them about 6 years ago on a GTE. They wear preety well tbh too!

Mark
                sigpic

Comment

have had the falkens 452 on for a year with no problems, lasted longer than the contis and have done 10000 so far at least another 1000/1500 left on the fronts. Sometimes they tramline a bit on country lanes. These tyres have been used on a mixture of driving about half the time on country lanes and half on the motorway. Will definetly get these again. tyretraders .com are pretty cheap.

Comment

Sorry for the noob question but what effect would a 45 profile have on the handling?

Comment

tyres could rub on arches and your speedo would be out
                      sigpic BURG 472 Gone

Comment

And the response from the tyre would be **** too after running a 35 profile

Comment

Working...
                        X