This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolent tank needed

As above, the person that own'd the car before seems to have F**ked the thread on the top of the bottle which means i cant remove the cap very well.

Anyone know where i can get one from?? or a way of fixing it? the cap is fine just the thread on the bottle not so good

i seen this on ebay 1 month ago
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Can order a new coolant bottle from VX, shouldn't cost alot. Unfortunately I don't have EPC on me just now, but if you go into the local dealership they should be able to find the part by going via your Reg or VIN number

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
        Can order a new coolant bottle from VX, shouldn't cost alot. Unfortunately I don't have EPC on me just now, but if you go into the local dealership they should be able to find the part by going via your Reg or VIN number
        dont need it,its on the header tank on the top.

just feel under the bottle to see if it has a level sensor in or not.

the bottle might not be knackered,sometimes the rubber seals dry out and it sticks in the tank,mine was like that the other day.popped it out and just put a bit of molykote on the seals to stop them sticking.
        ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
        version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
        version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
        coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
          dont need it,its on the header tank on the top.
          Well there you go , thanks for the pointer Ian

Might just get a new tank myself as my old one has discoloured something rotten since I put water wetter in - it's amazing the **** that pulls out of your coolant system

Comment

Thanks for the help guy's sorry for late reply, i will pop to dealer tomo see cost, it does get stuck when you turn the cap it just spins unless you pull it up hard as your turning it,

If its cheap enough ill get a new one

Also i've seen some have chrome caps where from?? anyone know really wanna go chrome bay where do i need to look for parts?

Comment

Working...
            X