This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first service at 4523 miles

yep 4523 miles. its a year old and did 1800 of those 4500 miles on the first engine.
    sodding things been ill more times than bernard matthews turkey twizzlers
    had the service and it had scrawled over it "0dd tyre wear!!!"
    any ideas ?
    the contis are still originals as the lack of mileage should indicate.
    air pressures are ok and tyres condition is said to be ok too
    nsf 6mm
    osf 5 mm
    osr 7 mm
    nsr 5 mm
    they did a visual check on the pads cus it says on the report "if blank=not inspected"
    and indeed the boxes for measurements on discs and pads are blank but the sheet is ticked green across the board.
    new a/c condensor ordered cus its seals are leaking.
    and vauxhall dealer reckons vauxhall tech say cus the car has a miltek and is "chipped" (with a non genuine exhaust and cat system)
    for them to do any tech 2 checks as per service its an extra £40.60
    good job John at TMS is there for me cus i i'm getting the right hump with vauxhall.
    only went there cus vauxhall are all over me like a rash on warranty. so had to do it as per the book to spare me further aggro in the next remaining 2 years of this warranty rollercoaster ride
    vauxhall really do need lessons in customer care from TMS
    or someone needs a toe up the r's
    anyway long story short... its going down to get some proper attention with tms.
    i feel like i've been turned over by a mugger £179.55
    vauxhall want £180 for kin what??

rollercoaster ride is the wrong analogy cus this is all downhill
    get faster downhill

Comment

So.....what is the issue with the dealer ?? Or have I missed the point ??
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Im having my service with TMS tommorow, and im driving 177 miles there cos i dont trust or believe vaux can sort out my warranty issues1, lets hope TMS can

Comment

diff pressures in tyres for diff tread reads

Comment

they say not VXR_James.
            all right and correct :?
            cwvxr TMS crew are kin brilliant mate and i said no one else would touch the car.
            but the curse of the vauxhall warranty is a pain in the r's ... gotta get the stamp in the book in their timeframe.
            i'd rather push the sodding ting down the motorway to tms myself than get caught like that again.
            even dreading the dealer putting the air con right
            the troger bad luck curse is safely locked back here in its box worsy
            hope u got a result mate

Comment

Originally posted by caspy
              So.....what is the issue with the dealer ?? Or have I missed the point ??
              Guess I did.....
              Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

no disrespect meant caspy
                just bewildered by the difference between vxl and ... errm vxl
                wish tms had branches, with clones of the tms crew in em, dotted around uk.
                and i know ( from recommendations in here ) the other tuners reps are extremely good also

Comment

Re: first service at 4523 miles

Originally posted by TROGER
                  and vauxhall dealer reckons vauxhall tech say cus the car has a miltek and is "chipped" (with a non genuine exhaust and cat system)
                  for them to do any tech 2 checks as per service its an extra £40.60??
                  Hope this isn't the case for me. My car is due for a service in a few weeks time and I'm hoping to get it tech'd two'd because I want some piece of mind that it is running correctly (at the moment the car feels a little flat and doesn't sound that good, but could all be in my imagination).

Comment

Re: first service at 4523 miles

Originally posted by Turbo
                    Originally posted by TROGER
                    for them to do any tech 2 checks as per service its an extra £40.60??
                    Hope this isn't the case for me. My car is due for a service in a few weeks time and I'm hoping to get it tech'd two'd because I want some piece of mind that it is running correctly (at the moment the car feels a little flat and doesn't sound that good, but could all be in my imagination).
                    how many miles has ya car done?

Comment

yep got mine booked in thur 22 this week 189 quid 2 weeks early.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Turbo you'll be ok mate
                        its just my stuation is some what complicated :?

Comment

so i can look forward to a £180 kwid oil change in may as opposed to the one i did myself at 3000 for just under £20 :?

nice :?

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                            so i can look forward to a £180 kwid oil change in may as opposed to the one i did myself at 3000 for just under £20 :?

nice :?
                            yes mate you can my car only done 2200 miles oil 1200 miles.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

booked it in with tms for friday
                              feeling better already
                              might end up with 2 services in a week... but i know which one will leave me feeling that the jobs a good un
                              And money well spent
                              all so a poxy rubber stamp in the log is on time
                              various commitments and tms being busy as hell sent the missus down the dealer for service cus of outstanding warranty issues with vxl.
                              john heard and talked to the dealers service engineer and moved all his stuff around at TMS to get us in friday
                              what do i need to say about this bloke and his business ?
                              TMS. John Thorne. Amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X