This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full milltek just arrived

contemplating giving the cat back fitting a go myself is it straight forward looks like just re hanging and 2 bolts
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

exhausts can be very easy but also be and absolute nightmare to fit. i wouldnt try it unless you have a 2 or 4 post lift.

get and exhaust place to fit it. they'll only charge you a couple of quid and it will be done properly. no need to get vaux to do it
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

how does the cat back join the standard pip cat back has two bolts

Comment

tbh mate ive never looked at the vxr exhaust as it was fitted when i bought it.

it shouldnt be to bad as the car is newish so the bolts wont be too corroded. but you will have to take the centre section off when you do the front part so you may as well do it all at once
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

if your struggling to fit spark plugs etc your going to have a hard time with an exhaust.
          let a garage sort it.
          its not worth chancing buggering it up.

Comment

yeh i agree, even if it just somewhere like kwik fit at least there is someone else to sort it if it goes pear shaped.

Comment

for once in my life im going to tell you to get someone to fit it for you, the rear box can be a pig to get to sit in the middle of opening in bumper,if you get it wrong it will burn through the plastic bumper. but if you go for it make sure the reducesing pipe is remover from the exhaust if you fit it all, if you only fit the cat back you will need it in place as the new cat is bigger diamiter than old one.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

booked into a local garage tomorow morn at 9am for fitting they are gonna charge 30 quid. done plugs today was easier than i thought was gonna be so gotta do cool stat soon

Comment

so with just full system, should i see a max bhp fig of 252bhp from standard 237, will this be noticeaBLE WHEN DRIVING, APART FROM THE OBVIOUS SOUND

Comment

you will find out in a few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                      booked into a local garage tomorow morn at 9am for fitting they are gonna charge 30 quid. done plugs today was easier than i thought was gonna be so gotta do cool stat soon
                      good move
                      hope it goes well. 30 squid sounds quite resonable!

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                        so with just full system, should i see a max bhp fig of 252bhp from standard 237, will this be noticeaBLE WHEN DRIVING, APART FROM THE OBVIOUS SOUND
                        yes alex car was 255 so yes the car will feel so much responsive, and sound the nuts LOL \/

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

at last the coras has listened wahaaaaaaay well done mate it will be done in less time it would have taken you to crawl under the car to find out you had the wrong socket
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

lol yeah prob mate the bore is so much bigger, looks the nuts, is it that much better in sound than stock?

Comment

How long did it take to arrive after you ordered it?

Comment

Working...
                              X