Clear All

bout 10 days mate, its bein done in the mornin at 9 for 30 quid, cant wait
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

ur in for a great surprise tomorra corsasrisilver mate
      santa's coming experience all over again pal
      bet u dont sleep 2nite

Comment

£30! Nice 1. Where you getting it fitted?

Comment

lol wats it like on its own will i actually notice it or will it just be the noise factor

Comment

just makes the car freel like a sports car and a lovely sound mate
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

"makes the car feel like a sports car" when you add a fmic and remap at the same time eh worsy

should improve throttle response and feel abit faster, also gotta love that sound.

Comment

Originally posted by James
                "makes the car feel like a sports car" when you add a fmic and remap at the same time eh worsy

should improve throttle response and feel abit faster, also gotta love that sound.
                yeh just a little bit
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

The sound is fabby, and not OTT either.When cruising it's faitly quiet, but put the foot down and the growl just starts to build. I was worried about the noise of the milltek before I got it, didn't want to noise up the neighbors, or sound daft when just pootling round town. But with the milltek it's cool as the sound only gets loud when giving it some :wink:

Comment

oh dear oh dear, just went to the small out of town garage parked up on the ramp, they said so do you have the exhaust, i said yes here it is, they said sh** thats an entire system what brand is it? milltek i said. Who are they? they said. so i got straight in my car and drove straight back booked into vaux now for tuesday, no way im letting them touch my car and my milltek if they dont even know what milltek is

Comment

why do they need to know what make it is??? its an exhaust sint it?
                      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

they didnt seem to know what the heck they were doin so i just bailed out. hey andy mate been looking at regal again as i do lol notice you have full milltek and regal map what you running then cause remap is 275 plus the 15 from exhaust system should give 290 bhp is this right?

Comment

no mate. regal are far to optimistic with there power claims.

mine is about 270, which realistically is about right for stage 2.

theres no way the vxr can get to over 285+ without a good intercooler as the amount of boost to get this power would cause far to much heat.

im gonna bin the regal map off anyway when i go for courtenay stage 3. for some reason i think courtenay are a bit more truthful in there claims.
                          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

yeah but surely if they claim it and you get it done they will put it on their rr and give you a print out, so they cant say too much wrong

Comment

doesnt work like that mate, they say power upto

my car actually came off there rollers with 264bhp (before i bought it) there maps are generic and cant be played with, they are simply installed and then a power run on the rollers.

courtenays maps are mapped on the car to get the most from your engine. all engines will be slightly different.

turned out my coil pack may have been knackered so i replaced it but it made minimal difference thats why i reckon its about 270.

at the end of the day mate, they advertise to get you to buy. ask anyone, theres no way you will get over 285 brake without a big intercooler and high boost.
                              stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

really still cant see how they say its a map to boost to 275 bhp and not actually achieve it 275 so is a stage map for 275 too good too be true then

Comment

Working...
                                X