Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you may get 275 from the stage 2 map and the exhaust as that whast stage 2 is... map+exhaust.

stage 2 is only acheavable with the exhaust so its 275 altogether which is probs not a kick in the *** of what mine is.

you cant get 275 brake of a map alone. the exhaust is too restricted.

275 brake with miltek and map maybe, but not 275 + the 15 from the exhaust as it dont work like that im afraid
    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

ok so if it was at 275 then an intercooler you would see 300 then. 275 seems same as cs2 aint it
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

at the end of the day my car is proof!

the previous owner took it in for stage 2 and it came out with 264 bhp. nothing him or they can do about it.

turns out that was when they where first out, and the coil pack issue wasnt looked into. but even after it was changed the difference is minor.

when i phoned regal last week they said most cars they have tuned to stage 2 (map and exhaust) have been between 270-275. thats from the horse mouth
        stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
          ok so if it was at 275 then an intercooler you would see 300 then. 275 seems same as cs2 aint it
          yeah but you are able to alter the fuel and boost map to suit the new cooler thus giving more power. the cooler wont instantly add alot of power but it lets you get more power out of the engine by increasing the map.
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

only difference between the power of regals stage 2 and cs2 is that courtenay sport tell the truth
            stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

my stage 2... map and miltek gave me 285bhp.

this was tested on two occasions a 6 weeks apart on the RR. Both times the results were identical to each other.

This should give you some guidance.

The miltek will take it to 255bhp... alex_c had his tested on the RR in dec with just a miltek fitted.

It does vary car to car due to age and miles it's driven, also tuner. But they are all coming out about the same give or take a few.

Comment

DONE it mate ill try it now ok

Comment

again this depends on outside air temp, discrepencies on the rollers etc etc.

regal are very optimistic with there claims and they always have been. no doubt if i put my car on different rollers it would have a different reading.

my car was pretty much new when it was tuned which could be one of the reasons it was underpowered.

look at the total vaux feature at thorney rolling road. there rollers are supposed to be one of the best in the country and the nearly all stage 2 vxrs with milteks where putting around 260 bhp.

this shows how much the difference can be between rollin road results
                  stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

I have pre-cat replacement as I keep saying and a regal map. I got 273bhp on their rollers with graph and possibly more depending on ambient temp.

With a full system plus stage 2 map I'd say you would get 280-285bhp

With intercooler close to 300bhp

All the tuners are the same really.
                    sigpic

Comment

ah dargy mate you got just their vxr astra map and front decat pipe and got 273

Comment

yes
                        sigpic

Comment

so with the map and full system do you think i may see 280-285

Comment

Yep I' say so.
                            sigpic

Comment

andy16vturbo aint so sure bout that one just speaking to him.

Comment

Well like he said, his my have been under performing as it was new but I %100 got 273bhp without the full system so surely I would get more with Full system and stage 2 map.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X