This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Light Problems

Hi all, I picked up my new Astra VXR on thursday, absolutely loving the car.

I've taken it for a good run down to Hertfordshire over the weekend. However over the course of the weekend, bulbs have started going in my interior lights, first the main courtesy light, then the one in my glovebox.

Just seemed a little strange both within a day. Anyway, has anybody else had problems?

Also if somebody could tell me what bulb types they both are, that would be great (I've looked at the sticky but it doesn't say the glovebox), and also if the glovebox is relatively easy to change as it was too dark to see just

my glovebox light has never worked,i investigated and its not the bulb but the contacts are **** on them thus no light

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
      my glovebox light has never worked,i investigated and its not the bulb but the contacts are **** on them thus no light
      There surely must be a fix for this??

Comment

i took apart the unit that houses the bulb and the design is terrible,basically when you open the glovebox the plastic support moves the contact over the bulb putting it on and when you shut it it pushes the contact away switching the light off,i assume you can buy this part but a bad design is a bad design so ive not bothered replacing it mate

Comment

Soon after getting my current Corsa VXR, I noticed the passenger footwell light wasn't working and upon investigating it, I found the wire wasn't connected. I don't know if it had come loose or was never connected properly in the first place but from what you say maybe a common problem.

Comment

When changing the bulbs why not go for another colour, i went for blue and it looks stunning at night. Look in the 'how to' section for how to change them and the bulb types you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              When changing the bulbs why not go for another colour, i went for blue and it looks stunning at night. Look in the 'how to' section for how to change them and the bulb types you need.
              Nice one, cheers matey. I might think about a different colour, is there a decent supplier for different colours?

Comment

off topic but i love your sig jay lol

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo1986 View Post
                  Nice one, cheers matey. I might think about a different colour, is there a decent supplier for different colours?
                  Cant think of one off the top of my head, i just did a search on goggle.

off topic but i love your sig jay lol
                  Cheers mate, Eamonn is the man who created it.

Comment

The bulbs you need are a festoon 42mm for the front centre, and 501 w5w for the front sides and rears (iirc) - if you want I could sort you out a bulb set, just let me know and we can sort it out

Comment

mine havent gone at all touch wood
                      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

The clove box is festoon too.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by Abbo1986 View Post
                          Try http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ I've done interiors on a few car wih the bulbs from these guys, would highly recommend them.
                          Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
                          Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
                          Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

Working...
                          X