This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Din confusion

I recently bought a Kenwood DNX-7200 and have been calling different companies for a list of parts needed to fit it.
    Every company i ring says something different which is starting to get confusing.
    I've done a search and found the odd item listed on here, but has anyone acctually fitted on of these and can you tell me the whole list of parts needed.
    cheers in advance

Iirc there are a few ppl on here with this hu, use the search button mate!
    sigpic

Comment

Here you go mate this is the one I was reading a couple of days back, arn't i HELPFUL!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...light=dnx+7200

Mark
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
        Here you go mate this is the one I was reading a couple of days back, arn't i HELPFUL!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...light=dnx+7200

Mark
        Thanks for trying, but this didn't help at all. I have used the search butoon for hours looking for the right info for this issue.
        I know i need a fitting kit but the one mentioned in this thread is for a corsa, not an astra and there is no mention of what wiring adaptors/stalk adaptors are needed etc.

I looking for a reply from somebody who has acctually fitted one of these and KNOWS what parts are needed.

Comment

Hi Simon

Do you have an Astra with the silver dash or the black piano dash?

Steve
          Mini Cooper S
          Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

Fascia by Connects2 or Autoleads (the corsa D and the astra one are one and the same). Black does not match no matter which one you get, but Glossy black sparypaint from halfords will give you a almost spot on match. Silver from Connects2 is called Chrome mettallic or something to that effect.

You also need an aerial adapter (active one. Sorry part number eludes me) and a steering wheel control adapter (Connects2 part CTVX0002 and CTKENWOOD (kenwood specific lead)). Please stick with the Connects 2 can lead only as it will let you set the time as well.

GPS aerial goes behind the glovebox on top of the metal bar running under the dash, towards the centre console i.e. away from the airbag bit (the aerial is magentic and it will stick nicely)

Job done! The rest is plug and play.
            Last edited by BasilD; 8 December 2008, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Steve, the dash is Piano Black

thanks for the info Basil.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post

GPS aerial goes behind the glovebox on top of the metal bar running under the dash, towards the centre console i.e. away from the airbag bit (the aerial is magentic and it will stick nicely)

Job done! The rest is plug and play.
                Does the GPS aerial work OK behind the glove box? Was thinking about hiding my TomTom one away but wasn't sure if it would mask the signal.
                Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
                Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
                Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer303 View Post
                  Does the GPS aerial work OK behind the glove box? Was thinking about hiding my TomTom one away but wasn't sure if it would mask the signal.
                  Ive used a tomtom sat on the passenger seat before now you would be surprised at what you can get away with but they work best through glass or one layer of plastic.
                  Mini Cooper S

Comment

Originally posted by simon2881 View Post
                    Steve, the dash is Piano Black

thanks for the info Basil.
                    Then the connect2 kit in piano black is best mine matched very well with my piano black dash in the corsa
                    Mini Cooper S

Comment

yea you can see in my pics on the other thread the piano black match is spot on.

Comment

Working...
                      X