Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARB - Rear Anti Roll Bar, a must buy !

I've just got to say - on Sunday at the Cheshire Meet, I had chance to push the car slightly and I am amazed what difference the RARB makes on the Astra. Cant wait for the good weather to return.

The sense of understeer nearly goes and the only sense you have is that all 4 wheels are slipping slightly, whilst you are powering it around a roundabout or corner instead of just the WHOLE front end falling away straightaway under the least amount of right foot.

It must be the best money I have spent so far and any Astra owner who doesnt have one is frankly missing out !!

This has got to be a positive from a safety POV too ??

Highly recommended
    sigpic

I second that, worth every penny prob even worth twice as much the diff is amazing you can feel it from the first bend you go round. Even my mates ave had in the car have noticed it sits better in the twistys now
    sigpic
    Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
    And now have an
    Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
    Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

For such a simple mod that is so highly recommended, how did VX miss out on including it from the start?

Comment

Originally posted by JB_VXR View Post
        For such a simple mod that is so highly recommended, how did VX miss out on including it from the start?
        You have to wonder dont you !

Mind you I suppose budgets have to stop somewhere, and there must of been one even if they were dipping into the general GM parts bin ?

However, just going back to my original comment, if I havent know any better, getting back in the car after fitment on a wet road - you would of easily thought that your car was suddenly 4 wheel drive from a handling POV ( said very losely...... )
        sigpic

Comment

yep has to be the best value for money mod

Comment

defo a great mod

Comment

Whats fitting like, should it be dpone by a professional company or it quite straight forward, also what would the average fitting cost?

Comment

how much are they ??

Comment

Originally posted by 2 HEL View Post
                  Whats fitting like, should it be dpone by a professional company or it quite straight forward, also what would the average fitting cost?
                  took me 20 mins

Comment

Originally posted by danny plumpton View Post
                    how much are they ??
                    around the £120 mark

Comment

Now you just need the FARB and LSD
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
                        Now you just need the FARB and LSD

Now an LSD sounds very appealling

However I'm still trying to get my head round why a rear ARB resolves the understeer 1st

Does that mean the front ARB sorts the backend out later ....
                        sigpic

Comment

lol, it waits untill it see the rear end coming towards the front and put it in line lol.

Its something i dont understand, all i know is even before the lsd was fitted the handling was unreal, i've pushed it against a car running the same but without a farb and i came out better than the other
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X