This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn chips

found 3 small stone chips on my bonnet today, really pi s s e s me off . I know its not the end of the world and ill get chips away on it in the new year but god its annoying. Is the whole vaux range like this? i dont tailgate either well hardly ever
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

maybe you should have oven roasted wedges then chips are bad for you
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
      maybe you should have oven roasted wedges then chips are bad for you
      PMSL

Comment

Chipsaway wont do the bonnet, they will do eveything else. Cant remember their reasoning for not doing the bonnet but it requires a re-spray if you want to get rid of them.

Comment

you got 3 lol lucky you
          I got about 10 and down to the Sliver bit.
          I herd you can put a film on the bonnent which is see threw and protective and should help it
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
            you got 3 lol lucky you
            I got about 10 and down to the Sliver bit.
            I herd you can put a film on the bonnent which is see threw and protective and should help it
            yeah wrap it in cling film. it'll help you lose weight too if on bumpers as well!! - on the condition you eat a snickers!!

Comment

aqualpel. my past 2 cars ive spent alot of time, cleaning up, waxing up and aquapelling my cars. There is a noticed imprivement against stone chips, also you dont get tar on your paintwork which is an absolute *****! Has the added effect of being able to drive down the autobahn when its raining and not need wipers!! you still get chips, but less of em. only got one on my SRi in a year and 2 months driving.
              #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
              #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

After 15k miles my bonnet is slowly turning white ! Respray i think next year.

Comment

How much do you think it will cost to get my front wing completely re-sprayed? It's bloody peppered, too many little chips to count! (Arden)

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
                    How much do you think it will cost to get my front wing completely re-sprayed? It's bloody peppered, too many little chips to count! (Arden)
                    Front wing? U mean bonnet?

Comment

Uhh, the bit with the 2 grills in, the badge, and fog lights etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
                        Uhh, the bit with the 2 grills in, the badge, and fog lights etc..

u mean the front bumper?
                        Tech2 Diagnostics
                        Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I guess, Landrovers have bumpers!

Comment

Costs about £150 to £200 to have a full bonnet re-spray. I had a film over the front of mine called ventureshield which stops stone chips, worked very well.

Comment

8000 miles and almost none..... Aquapel is for windscreens so is this another product?? Please share..
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X