This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo Article

Whilst in teh airport the other day, I happened upon a copy of Evo (dont usually buy it)
    Noticed that it had the new CTR up against the VXR, Megane thing, Focus ST, Leon FR and Golf

VXR didnt fair too badly overall, but in the performance (in a straight line) it was pretty pants.

It had the acceleration from 0-130 at 20 mph intervals and after 60 the VXR was poop!!

Anyone read it? I would scan it and paste it, but my scannher is cr*p....

It did well on the track though which was nice...

yet another widely read magazine, yet another poor review of the vxr.

well done vauxhall for tarnishing your reputation with naff cars in the 90s

Comment

It might be a laugh to look at the link on my WWW profile though to find out what real people think
      sigpic
      More than 34,900 viewings and counting
      Click Here to.................
      See My Wheels
      See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

This may be of interest too
        http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonb...times/thestig/
        sigpic
        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
        Click Here to.................
        See My Wheels
        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly
          It might be a laugh to look at the link on my WWW profile though to find out what real people think
          again, the golf gti is dear to so many peoples hearts. especially those who drove hot hatches in the 80's, where, compared with the xr2, xr3i, mk2 gsi, etc... the golf was always the best!

i think they are all stunning cars, just just dont like how the media 'dumb' down the vxr. as far as im concerned, the gti and the vxr are in a different class. i honestly feel, deep down, that the ST is the only real competition.

Comment

Rich, the review was actually OK for the VXR tbh...

I was referring to the 'hard figures' that were displayed. Comparitively speaking the VXR didnt do too well...

Comment

pah

figure shmigures

the fun is in the driving, not on the numbers

Comment

I think it is fair to say that along with the ST, the R32 and MPS must present an equal challenge. The golf is more powerful, better handling and the stats are identical to ours. The MPS is also better in the stats dept although souless.

Of course I would choose the VXR over them, thats why I have one, but, generally how much is there really in it? Not much...

Comment

The performance figures they quoted were from the original press launch cars that were the pre prods. Bit lazy of them really but to be fair to perf test all the cars on the same day is pretty tough so they relied on their data bank.

Stu

Comment

only thing that disippointed me about the test, using old stats but then i was impressed with their thoughts and track time which mind you didnt match up to the straigh line figures used i.e ST & VXR placed rear to front, every yard made the VXR pulled away, doesnt match up to the 0-100 figures!

Comment

didnt realise that they had just re-used press stats, I thought they had done 'proper' tests on them individually....

that makes a bit more sense then... different condirtions/drivers etc....

And I dont actually care about the figures but was merely commenting on the fact that the focus was quicker for example, when I was 99% sure it wasnt...

annnnyhoooo..

Comment

if you can get your hands on a July 05 copy of evo mag they tested a pre prod VXR and the in gear, acceleration and 1/4 mile times are identical to what was just published.

Comment

Working...
                        X