This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxium Bhp Part2

Hi you may remember that I posted the other week about my trip to Courtenays for a service and dyno run.

Here is an update, on my original post I said I was not happy with the way the car went however some people "misunderstood" what I was trying to say.
    What I meant was that with the sport button "not" pressed the car did not have enough power. I was more than happy with the way the car went with the button pressed.

Courtney had remapped the car making the mixture richer (as it was lean) they also tweaked the timing and the result was an extra 8 bhp and an extra 14 lbs ft of torque. Over my 277 start point.

I had a lot of help from the forum and several pm’s from other Tuners saying get rid of the cams or lets us map it we can make a better job of it for you etc. However as all I wanted was more power with the button off, Jon said Stephan could do this very easily for me at no charge etc. So I went back for this small map tweak.

The night before I went back I finally caught up with Gary aka Gaz the previous owner, to find out what exactly had been done to the car.

He confirmed that he had fitted the cam, however much to my horror he also told me that he had had the EDS 315 map installed by IPF. But the car had "not" been set up / mapped on the dyno, which would probably explain why the power was not as expected when we started.

Embarrassingly for me, Courtenay had given me a map FOC and had spent 2 hours on the dyno custom mapping it to get more power thinking it was still there software on the car. When in fact it was not so Oops!!

The next day I was back with my confession to make, Jon shrugged said oh well it has had software in the past so let’s just carry on.

With more dyno time available Jon looked at both the sport off and on positions and the net result is that I now have 294 bhp and 328lbs ft of torque they have found an extra 61 lb ft @3800rpm and it pulls like a train its an animal.

He liked the Regal cam as it held good power in the upper revs where the standard car’s power curve is dropping fast.

The spec at the moment is Remus exhaust, TMS intercooler and Regal cam. It also has KW suspension and an LSD and I’m pleased to say it would eat my old tuned Subaru!! I guess the other stage 3 owners already know this though.

I have to say I have caught the VXR bug big time, thanks to every one on the forum who has helped me and a MASSIVE thanks to jon @ courtenay's for spending time with me and my car, when he could have said not my problem

The problem is I now want even more!! so its big turbo time I also have some ideas of my own I’m going to ditch the air con and get some thing big in the front as Percy VXR says “its all about flow”

Watch this space

Glad to hear it worked out for ya bub. Pat on the back to Courtney's for sorting it out for you too.

Comment

Yes they are very good at courts

Comment

Fantastic a 'feel good' thread for once... lol Good news and happy days though mate, you sound made up. Nice to hear about the help that these guys put in to fellow car modifiers, good job Courtney’s.
        I am having to hold myself back so much as i want more power, im currently running a remus and standard map....

Comment

top job mate.....i like the differance between sport and non sport but i can see why people get rid lol
          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

i'm having my Sm taken off as its just not worth the hassle,
            Full power all the time

Comment

I really cant recommend courtenay's enough

Poor jon's phone bill to germany most cost them a fortune.

Also the courtenay team for putting up with me for asking questions all the time i there

THANKS COURTENAY MERRY CHRISTMAS

Comment

Originally posted by Paulburks View Post
                several pm’s from other Tuners saying get rid of the cams or lets us map it we can make a better job of it for you etc.
                Really, now that's interesting, seems people playing wolves in sheeps clothing..

Anyhow back to topic, main thing is your sorted and happy

Comment

The next day I was back with my confession to make, Jon shrugged said oh well it has had software in the past so let’s just carry on.

Says it all really!! Glad you're pleased mate

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                    Really, now that's interesting, seems people playing wolves in sheeps clothing..

. . . . .WHOOPS

Comment

chuffed for you though matey, not a bad xmas present you have been given

Comment

here we go again.....nice one alex
                        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

PLEASE DONT GO OFF TOPIC

im over the moon with the car now just got a few bits to iron out,

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post

I think I'd be asking the same question!!

Question is; was it a tuner or a punter?

Comment

PLEASE DONT GO OFF TOPIC

im over the moon with the car now just got a few bits to iron out,
                              Not off topic mate, you said yourself

Comment

Working...
                              X