This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Number Plate Lights

Right lads iam intrested in changing the yellowish glow to a xenon white for my rear number plates done this with my old corsa c, what bulbs does it take to change them over??

and whats the best on market ebay etc to buy without them blowing after a few hours ? also anyone got any pics??

Cheers Rocky
    Arden Racing Edition

I've got white led ones Rocky.... got em off a guy on aon .... think they are the capless wedge ones with a resistor.. they flickered when I first put them in but not anymore..i'll try and find some pics

Comment

do they look anygood? might be worth a punt
      VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
      http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Yip, id stick them in as well, lets see the pics please

Edit, thats the fastest response iv ever had, pics appears a split second before I even post!
        Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

Can you provide a link to a sales site anyone?
          Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

give me some links on the best bulbs to buy if possible??
            Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Sorry I can't find the link to the guy I got them from it was a while back!! someone should be along to give you some clues............

Comment

Here ya go fellas http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.u...ad.php?t=49237
                Regards
                Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Huggies View Post
                  Yes that's the ones I've got

Comment

mmmmmmm i have to join the club and get some does anyone know what size they are??
                    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                      mmmmmmm i have to join the club and get some does anyone know what size they are??

The size of what mate the the bulbs you need are 501 same as the inside ones and a resistor if you go down that route, but i used the single led dome shape as more light is transmmited down on to the plate. Looks the nuts on the burg.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

so 501 single led dome shape is better on the plates have you got xenon fella and did you get yours from the same place .. that link on other page??
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

jay mate can you give me a link of whats the best bulbs to get off ebay if possible buddy?? i want some white xeon ones!! iam sure you got them jay
                          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Rocky i used the ones on the below link:

http://www.a-pp.com/shop/piaa_bulbs2.htm

and got the super white H151/H91 - W5W 12V 5 = 10W Wedge bulb

There simple plug and play. You have to use a small screwdriver to get the covers off the lights, take the old bulbs out, put the new ones in and off you go, looks tonns better.

These bulbs will also work for the sidelights and wont require any resistors or soldering / re-wiring.

Comment

thanks matey i order some asap have you got any pics off them on, on your car plus are they really bright white instead of now which is yellowish glow!!

what do you mean sidelights?? do you mean the indicators?? aint you got to have orangey glow for the indicators as it wont pass the MOT if you got a pure white glow??
                              Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X