Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condensation Again !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Condensation Again !!!

    Really frustrated by this one spoils the whole car !!!

    Both rears misted most of the time now with the weather we are having, well constantly bad, however does not seem to affect other marques out there. I just wished there was a definitive answer ???

    As stated previously my 06 VXR never had this issue at all ???

    Any solutions to this yet from anyone, VXL , maybe???


  • #2
    my rear lights have misted up and fronts but after a warm up of the engine in morning mine disspears i aint to bothered by it and i got a 57 reg
    Arden Racing Edition

    Comment


    • #3
      my burgs rear lights the same

      Comment


      • #4
        same with my burg rears too, even the front lenses at the bottom corner .. fookin weather

        Comment


        • #5
          there are differnet seals for the lights and can be done under warrenty but you have to show your dealship and they decide weather this is normal or abnormal, as the lights are breathable and can do this to a small extent

          Modified seal for rear lights OS/NS 93183069 (to solve condensation problems).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
            there are differnet seals for the lights and can be done under warrenty but you have to show your dealship and they decide weather this is normal or abnormal, as the lights are breathable and can do this to a small extent

            Modified seal for rear lights OS/NS 93183069 (to solve condensation problems).

            how much are they? think i will just do it my self
            VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
            http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

            Comment


            • #7
              don't know the cost mate but i cant imagine it will be much they are just seals

              Comment


              • #8
                yeah i guess, will try to get some does my head in that they mist up, no other car i have had has done this
                VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RobToogood View Post
                  yeah i guess, will try to get some does my head in that they mist up, no other car i have had has done this
                  try and get it on warranty, take some photo's when it is really bad so that when you go to the dealers if it is gone you can just show them the pics, no point in paying for it if you don't need to, plus if you do it yourself you will need to take the lights off and dry them out will take a while to do it properly

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
                    try and get it on warranty, take some photo's when it is really bad so that when you go to the dealers if it is gone you can just show them the pics, no point in paying for it if you don't need to, plus if you do it yourself you will need to take the lights off and dry them out will take a while to do it properly
                    well i did take the car to a dealer in ull when i was up in Yorkshire last time and they said they couldnt do anything unless they where holding water
                    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Got a 58 plate and mine mist up.


                      Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Same here, 58 reg burg always misted up

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          just taken mine into the garage for :-
                          - lights misted up
                          - replace the sagging leather
                          - rattle from exhaust at low revs
                          - door card doesnt quite fit around the window
                          - horn doesnt work when lights are on
                          - wheel wobble

                          and they didnt have enough room on the job sheet to put everything down, haha
                          INSIGNIA VXR

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            tried tightening the rear covers? there are some adjusters on the top leading edge of the rears if i remember correctly that ensure they are flush... Also check your seals. I silicon sealed my SRi's front lights at the inner corners because there was a slight gap. Astras are notorious for this though...
                            #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                            #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              same here 58 vxr, front afl and rears mist up, but clear when on... may look at fixing them myself, had to do this in the past with some clio rear lights

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X